or Connect

Posts by starbird73

Yes, it could indicate weak demand. It also could indicate efficient estimating or proper planning (yes, I appreciate alliteration), ensuring the channel is well stocked, they have the average on hand. Remember, they can build these 5c phones faster than the 5 or 5s.
 BINGO!  It is also easier to manufacture. That is the reason they went there. Think they would have been able to get 9 million in the hands of consumers in one weekend with the anodization? That was slow.  Who says they miscalculated? You? Notice these stories always come a week or so prior to their earnings report? And Tim says "don't take a report of one manufacturer and try and make connections" and Peter O can say "We order an amount up front to get pricing, and cut...
How would it benefit the US? Ireland can raise their rates and still be among the lowest, a rate that nets them more money but not so high it causes these companies to bolt. We are talking a lot of money here. Say 10% increase. A ten percent increase of millions/billions is far better than 34.5% of zero
Notice only politicians use the word "loophole"? You know, those same politicians that created the laws that people and companies legally follow?   It's just political speak for "We screwed up, but hell if we will take accountability for our actions"
So, I am guessing by 1 PM Eastern we should know if this 10/22 event is for real or not, no? Invites would need to go out today, if they follow their normal pattern.
Is it just me or does anyone else think it is odd that the iWork apps, iPhoto, and iMovie were not updated to take advantage of iOS 7? As well as Podcasts. Guessing they are coming on the 22nd?
  Well, I think we are saying the same thing. There isn't that great of "choice" in the matter. Not sales, offerings. Again, it comes down to offerings and they smaller phones make performance concessions the iPhone doesn't at the same size. It's a chicken and the egg, and not sure it is the right question. We will see. In any event. 11 months or less we will have a larger iPhone.
​Sprint supports your position much more. 21 Smartphones (New/Android) - 12 are 4.5" or less (all are 4.3 or less, then 4.7" and up) T-Mobile - 5 of 14 (36%) are 4.3 or smaller. 8/14 (57%) are 4.5 or smaller. Verizon - 8 of 20 (40%) are 4.3 or smaller. Nothing between 4.3 and 4.7. So, grand totals: Total New Android Smartphones on US Big Four = 73Total 4.3" or under - 29 (40%)Total 4.5" or under - 33 (45%) So the total over 4.5" is not 1/3... It is 55% - Or more than half....
Ok, I will do these carrier by carrier. Got AT&T done. 18 NEW Android Smartphones on their website. 4 have a screen size UNDER 4.3", or 22% (Translation - 78% of their new Android phones have a screen size of at least 4.3")1 has a screen size EXACTLY 4.3" (HTC One mini - ironically) - Add that and 5 of 18 (28%) are 4.3" or smaller, or 72% GREATER than 4.3" Since you asked about 4.5" - Exactly 1 (HTC One VX). So 12 of 18 (or 67%) are GREATER than 4.5" Qualifies as most to...
Hey, bud, how have you been? I said less than 4.3" I will do the research for you and post later.