or Connect

Posts by starbird73

That's the point. They have had patent issues since 2011, IIRC. And sometime last year they made a change and that is when the reliability took a hit.
Not really relevant or anything. But I am with you. Of course, there are also reasons why they haven't. Nothing that they have officially stated, but guessing this has something to do with it.http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/01/14/virnetx-heads-back-to-court-adds-latest-apple-products-to-facetime-patent-lawsuit
I got quite the chuckle out if the "PRE-ORDER the Galaxy S5 now for $199.99, and Buy One, Get One Free!" ads that Verizon had going on every commercial break.
I'm still a bit confused as to who approached who. I have a feeling, if Google truly has this "indemnification" clause with its licensees, that they directed this whole show so that they would not appear to be directly involved, and would not appear to be attacking Applr themselves and could play ignorant.
Exactly. The headline incites disgust, but the article suggests SJs passing was mentioned as a footnote.
"Samsung's final witness for the day was Daniel Wigdor, a computer science professor from the University of Toronto. Wigdor offered testimony on Apple's '172 patent covering predictive text entry by saying a number of other tech firms developed "autocorrect" features before the patent was filed." Predictive text ≠ "autocorrect" and this witness knows it. Yet he said something technically true, yet unrelated, in an effort to persuade the, likely, not as technically savvy...
"We liked to have our own identity, we liked to have our own ideas," Lockheimer said. "We were very passionate about what we were doing, and it was important that we have our own ideas." Meaning BlackBerry/Windows in 2006, and iOS in 2007? Great "identity"
Enjoy what you go to. Plenty of good options out there.
Can't wait for the inevitable summer articles, between WWDC and September when everyone who will upgrade to iOS 7 has, and we hear how Apple is doomed because iOS 7 adoption isn't growing as fast as KitKat is.Oh, wait. It already started.