or Connect

Posts by argonaut

Thanks! This is my first iPad  ( although bought an iPad 3 for my mum when they came out ) and I haven't even seen the smart cases or covers so not sure what to expect, I was thinking the blue or red, wife pushed for red....  If we don't like the way the cover works I'll fleabay it and get something else. :-)
Ordered!    iPad 2 Air 128GB Silver  Wifi + Cellular Product Red leather smart case AppleCare+   Delivery stated as 2-7 days in UK.   Can't wait !  :-)
Apple need to fine themselves $50 million.... ..pipped to the post..
Reminds me of my old Quad G5 PowerMac -  " the room heater " as I called it. I kept the radiator turned off in my room in the winter as the G5 kicked out enough warm air to keep it comfy in the evenings....
They've definitely got problems with the video feed... exactly the same here.. in UK..  Frozen video, no sound, then sound but Chinese overdubs included... ffs, useless..  someone is going to get their arse kicked.... 
Video streaming from inside started................... with 13 minutes to go...
Indeed... but 3 minutes later his tweet disappeared from the live event webpage to be replaced by..er... Coco Lee...  weird. edit: and now re-appeared....
Huge update! So many fixes... It's great to see Logic getting this attention. Now, if only it could somehow utilise those GPUs in the nMacPro......
PC Pro magazine in UK ( used to be Mac haters of course ) gave the Mac Pro a glowing review and used terms like 'truly impressive feat of engineering' , 'unparalleled triumph' and 'competitive on Price' ...  Gave it 6/6 stars for performance and features/design , value for money 5/6 :-) It really was a glowing review....     It's funny, they now have Apple products in their 'A-list' of best buys!  Best All-In-One = iMac 27" , Best Full size tablet  = iPad Air  ,...
 It's interesting that many modern programmers have almost unlimited resources available to them on modern platforms and as a result can often write inefficient algorithms and code.  Obviously re-usable code / objects /etc. help in some regard with design and maintenance.. But, they didn't have that luxury in the early days.  I can remember adding up the CPU cycles of individual 6502 assembly instructions within loops to see if it was possible to code it a different way...