or Connect

Posts by argonaut

Yeah great. Now Apple, can you please find a way to let me change the original iCloud email address I was prompted to create when initially setting up iCloud on my iPhone? Ok, it was my fault I used my wifes name while on her phone but using MY AppleID in the iCloud settings... duh.. but can I change it? Might be nice, and surely not hard to implement. Yes, I know I can set up a few 'alias' email names/addresses with iCloud, but the primary email address is wrong and I...
It's working in central London UK, sort of...  The icon is there until you tap the map, then it disappears and I can't seem to bring it back again without reloading the website. Also, once in Streetview, when you exit, again the icon is no longer there.... work in progress, but pretty handy they are adding this feature.
Can't wait..   Will be quite an upgrade going from Logic 8.x/Quad G5  to Logic X / Mac Pro  ( or whatever is top of the line Mac hardware next year...) 
Someone I know has recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S3... He was poking fun at my iPhone 4S and 'how tiny it is' .... I said 'that's so it easily fits in my pocket' and he retorts with ' well this fits fine in my back pocket!'  - I said ' be careful when you sit down then..! '  :)   Also I was incredulous that when he was swiping through photos, there was horrible lag and jitter!! I was flabbergasted!   I thought this was supposed to be a high performance phone...
You definitely need a NAS , or an external RAID enclosure connected to your Mini.   The NAS will give you lot's of features out of the box (check out synology.com ) but they are expensive, and you already have a Mini sitting there that will be 100% guaranteed compatible running as an iTunes server, TimeMachine Backup, etc. It can also be easily configured with FTP to share photos as you want. Plus, you already know how to use it and it's more flexible than a...
  wtf does a travel booking company (albeit with a website) need a 'chief scientist' for ???  lol
  Yes it will.    I am still running Logic Pro 8  on a PPC Quad G5 with Leopard .   Admittedly an Intel Mac Mini could run rings around it, but PPC (even G4) will work with Logic Pro 7.2 and should also work with Logic Pro 8.x,  although don't expect stellar performance.   Logic Pro 9.0 was actually a Universal Binary but unsupported by Apple on PPC machines. I would'nt even try it.   I would also not recommend purchasing a G5 due to age and power usage. Get almost any...
Clever bloke, but ultimately useless.. In other news, 'axe' should have an 'e' on the end   (none of the forum smilies work??!!) 
Yay! Finally I can Jailbreak my Apple TV2 and install XBMC to watch all my ripped content without transcoding from my NAS. Good Times!  Now I can dump the WDTVLive .. just horrible to use.   BTW, anyone wanting to stream ripped content from a SAMBA share on a NAS to iPhone/iPad without transcoding (or client apps/etc.) should use 'Good Player' - definitely worth the £2.99 or whatever it was, and the only player I found for the iPhone that doesn't need a client app on...
Here, Here! This is so, so true...