or Connect

Posts by argonaut

Not really regarding an 'Apple TV' per se, but with ANY streaming solution the problem as always is the content. I tried out Netflix when it launched in the UK last month - it is an amazing service that works brilliantly across your devices and I loved the idea of a fixed monthly fee where I could watch anything I want , TV show or movie, whenever. The problem with Netflix is the complete lack of content! My first 4 searches of movies I wanted to watch were not...
Saw this comment on another site which sums it up really.. "Company with best high-street customer service reputation hires man from company with worst high-street customer service reputation." I am sure we are all being grossly unfair to this poor chap and Tim knows what he is doing..
This is the reason I am ditching my 2 x Dell Netbook Hackintoshes and swapping them for a Macbook Air. It was a fun experiment while it lasted and they work pretty well, but not being 64bit chips and having to wait on the hackers to produce the next fix for nearly EVERY OSX update was getting a little tiring.. plus of course the shitty hardware / touch pads you are forced to use Come on Intel! Bring on the Ivy Bridge Xeon's ffs We want new Mac(Pro)'s
Try this one for Mac (Intel only though).....http://www.virtualapple.org/
Film lost out years ago in newspapers to direct-to-plate imaging. Fuji and Agfa supply the newspaper printing industry with aluminium printing plates. That's a big part of their business these days.. albeit a slowly shrinking one. Agfa have had no consumer film business for years - they are very successful in the newspaper Computer-To-Plate and pre-press workflow areas however, also medical imaging systems. Their main competitor for printing plates is Fuji. So Fuji is...
Yeah it would be great to see more enterprises buying actual Mac's (as well as iPads/iPhones) It might even convince Apple to keep the Mac around a little longer..
Yeah, Bluetooth 4.0 - great! Now, if I could just print from my iPhone to this Bluetooth Printer here..... oh.. it doesn't work.. but it works from every other phone: my crappy old Nokia to BB & Android.. Why hasn't Apple ever supported Bluetooth printing on the iPhone? It works fine from Mac OSX!
Hmmm... I am running Safari 5.0.4 & Leopard 10.5.8 on a 6 year old PPC Quad G5 and and I can watch it no problem. After reading all these comments I thought there was a problem... apparently not. Thanks Apple for letting us watch this... even if our hardware is 'ancient'
Too late! Sorry for your loss. It is like being violated. Has happened to me before because I used a weak password for years that I dreamt up in the early 90's... ignoring Moore's Law I now follow the password creation tactics laid out in Tallest Skil's .png above... but tend to throw in some punctuation/etc. as well. A good place to test the time it might take to brute-force crack a password can be found here, quite illuminating for many people I suspect.
Very sad news. I cut my programming chops on C (after 6502 assembly) with Kernighan & Richie's classic C programming book. RIP Dennis