or Connect

Posts by argonaut

Yes it will.    I am still running Logic Pro 8  on a PPC Quad G5 with Leopard .   Admittedly an Intel Mac Mini could run rings around it, but PPC (even G4) will work with Logic Pro 7.2 and should also work with Logic Pro 8.x,  although don't expect stellar performance.   Logic Pro 9.0 was actually a Universal Binary but unsupported by Apple on PPC machines. I would'nt even try it.   I would also not recommend purchasing a G5 due to age and power usage. Get almost any...
Clever bloke, but ultimately useless.. In other news, 'axe' should have an 'e' on the end   (none of the forum smilies work??!!) 
Yay! Finally I can Jailbreak my Apple TV2 and install XBMC to watch all my ripped content without transcoding from my NAS. Good Times!  Now I can dump the WDTVLive .. just horrible to use.   BTW, anyone wanting to stream ripped content from a SAMBA share on a NAS to iPhone/iPad without transcoding (or client apps/etc.) should use 'Good Player' - definitely worth the £2.99 or whatever it was, and the only player I found for the iPhone that doesn't need a client app on...
Here, Here! This is so, so true...
Little Snitch is just a GUI for the built in OSX firewall. The OSX firewall handles both outgoing as well as incoming connections... It wouldn't be much of a firewall without that functionality...
The other issue is that Bluetooth Printing is not supported with iPhone or iPad... My wife was never so disappointed in her iPhone as when she couldn't print to her Pogo! (you can do it via a Mac but that is clumsy and cumbersome) Why is Bluetooth Printing not supported on iDevices??
Zuckerberg is full of shit indeed... If it's a free service... YOU are the product.
Not really regarding an 'Apple TV' per se, but with ANY streaming solution the problem as always is the content. I tried out Netflix when it launched in the UK last month - it is an amazing service that works brilliantly across your devices and I loved the idea of a fixed monthly fee where I could watch anything I want , TV show or movie, whenever. The problem with Netflix is the complete lack of content! My first 4 searches of movies I wanted to watch were not...
Saw this comment on another site which sums it up really.. "Company with best high-street customer service reputation hires man from company with worst high-street customer service reputation." I am sure we are all being grossly unfair to this poor chap and Tim knows what he is doing..
This is the reason I am ditching my 2 x Dell Netbook Hackintoshes and swapping them for a Macbook Air. It was a fun experiment while it lasted and they work pretty well, but not being 64bit chips and having to wait on the hackers to produce the next fix for nearly EVERY OSX update was getting a little tiring.. plus of course the shitty hardware / touch pads you are forced to use Come on Intel! Bring on the Ivy Bridge Xeon's ffs We want new Mac(Pro)'s