or Connect

Posts by argonaut

That video does look genuine imo.... and surely would be such a lot of work to fake... you'd have to be extremely sad to go to all that bother surely?? Nice looking iPhone imo as well
I feel for her family and loved ones. As a parent, one of the worst things imaginable is your child dying before you do. I am not a fan and don't have any of her music, although I did think she had a good voice. Addiction is a terrible burden - and some people are more prone than others. Apparently she had given up the illegal drugs some time ago, but as is so common in these cases it was probably the legal intoxicant alcohol that killed her. If you are drinking 2...
Fair comment.. I am pretty ignorant of other notification apps/widgets.. I just find the simplicity of Lockinfo great.. I didn't bother looking at anything else when I found out about it. I agree that Apple (if they did it) would do it differently.. Anything would be better than nothing which is what I get with an unjailbroken iphone..oh yeah I get an SMS message.. which overwrites any recent SMS's... At least it seems like they are doing something about it. Will be very...
+1 I LOVE Lockinfo, and it's the one Jailbreak app/mod I felt was worth paying for. The frustration of having to enter your pin /etc (when pin protected) just to see new mail notifications/etc.etc.. is really tiresome.. PLEASE Apple, hire David Ashman or buy his code... I will always Jailbreak to get this kind of useful functionality... It's good to know that Apple is watching what the Jailbreak devs are doing re. functionality. I have no affiliation with the guy...
Awesome video work and excellent animation / editing. I love the cables all snaking into place! Great showreel
What bugs me when I went to compare with HP / Dell workstations is that although the prices at this level are fairly similar for the spec (+10% for Apple usually), Apple should be embarrassed that they don't offer a 3 year warranty already included at those prices, like the other manufacturers do! We are all harping on about what great build quality they have on these machines, and so it does rather stick in the throat that we HAVE to purchase AppleCare ( approx...
Yes, I noticed this too while comparing configurations. I would also love to see some benchmarks comparing the two systems. I am not sure I can justify the cost to upgrade at this time, I *may* wait for the next update (my G5 Quad is still doing the business - just! Geekbench ~3300) but very interested to see a performance comparison of those two systems. My use would be predominantly Pro-Audio..
Like the OP , I am also looking to upgrade from a G5 Quad. Wifes Powerbook G4 is being replaced this week with a new i7 15" Macbook Pro - I want (need!) to upgrade my tower! Come on Apple, new MacPro's please...
Woohoo! Checked my order on the UK Apple Store today after returning from holiday and the order status says: Shipped December 2nd !! Extras: Nvidia 7800 GT , Wireless + Bluetooth I ordered it on Nov 21st and my original ship date was Jan 18th!! Very happy!
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I think I am worrying too much. I will probably go for crucial or whoever gives the best price for "G5 compatible" DDR2 RAM. Thanks.