or Connect

Posts by argonaut

Fair comment.. I am pretty ignorant of other notification apps/widgets.. I just find the simplicity of Lockinfo great.. I didn't bother looking at anything else when I found out about it. I agree that Apple (if they did it) would do it differently.. Anything would be better than nothing which is what I get with an unjailbroken iphone..oh yeah I get an SMS message.. which overwrites any recent SMS's... At least it seems like they are doing something about it. Will be very...
+1 I LOVE Lockinfo, and it's the one Jailbreak app/mod I felt was worth paying for. The frustration of having to enter your pin /etc (when pin protected) just to see new mail notifications/etc.etc.. is really tiresome.. PLEASE Apple, hire David Ashman or buy his code... I will always Jailbreak to get this kind of useful functionality... It's good to know that Apple is watching what the Jailbreak devs are doing re. functionality. I have no affiliation with the guy...
Awesome video work and excellent animation / editing. I love the cables all snaking into place! Great showreel
What bugs me when I went to compare with HP / Dell workstations is that although the prices at this level are fairly similar for the spec (+10% for Apple usually), Apple should be embarrassed that they don't offer a 3 year warranty already included at those prices, like the other manufacturers do! We are all harping on about what great build quality they have on these machines, and so it does rather stick in the throat that we HAVE to purchase AppleCare ( approx...
Yes, I noticed this too while comparing configurations. I would also love to see some benchmarks comparing the two systems. I am not sure I can justify the cost to upgrade at this time, I *may* wait for the next update (my G5 Quad is still doing the business - just! Geekbench ~3300) but very interested to see a performance comparison of those two systems. My use would be predominantly Pro-Audio..
Like the OP , I am also looking to upgrade from a G5 Quad. Wifes Powerbook G4 is being replaced this week with a new i7 15" Macbook Pro - I want (need!) to upgrade my tower! Come on Apple, new MacPro's please...
Woohoo! Checked my order on the UK Apple Store today after returning from holiday and the order status says: Shipped December 2nd !! Extras: Nvidia 7800 GT , Wireless + Bluetooth I ordered it on Nov 21st and my original ship date was Jan 18th!! Very happy!
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I think I am worrying too much. I will probably go for crucial or whoever gives the best price for "G5 compatible" DDR2 RAM. Thanks.
I have a Quad G5 on order, but as usual I will get extra RAM/etc. elsewhere. I normally go to Crucial in the UK for my RAM requirements and never had any problems, but I saw a few posts here & elswhere saying that Apple use Samsung RAM in the G5's/Quads... and people were buying 1Gb DDR2 Samsung RAM from Newegg.com (in the US) Problem is, I can't find any supplier in the UK who supplies anything bigger than 512Mb DDR2 Samsung RAM.. my googling ain't helping. I...
I ordered my Quad G5 from the UK store by phone yesterday.. Custom options: Bluetooth/wireless + 7800GT estimated shipping: 6 to 8 weeks !! eek! Estimated delivery 18th Jan That happened as soon as I added the 7800GT to the order. When I previously added Bluetooth/Wireless option it went up from 9-11 days to 3-4 weeks.. Oh well, as long as they honour the £300 rebate on Logic Pro I will be happy.. They assured me they would, despite the fact that they are...