or Connect

Posts by G4Dude

Your thread title is misleading. "Bailing out" implies that he was scheduled to speak but then decided not to. He did not "bail out," he just isn't going to speak. I think there is a big difference there. Did Clinton's Secretary of State speak at the Democratic convention in 1996? I don' know, I'm curious. But anyway, I don't think Powell not going to the convention is that big of a deal.
Keys scares me, and I'm pretty conservative. The 7 of 9 scandal was pretty cool though. Too bad Ryan had to drop out, it was pretty entertaining. He kept saying he'd stay in the race but I guess resistance was futile.
I've been a Mac user all my life (all 19 years) and I have never bought from an Apple Store before. So yesterday, I ventured on down to the Apple Store at Washington Square (Portland, OR) to take advantage of the "Cram. And jam." promotion. What better way to start off the new school year than to replace my old PowerBook and get my first iPod? Sadly, my experience was not what I was expecting. Having been to the SoHo store in NYC and having a great experience, I was...
These new ones are cool but I'd like a 10 or 15gb one for the same price as a mini. Or hell, maybe they could sell a 10 or 15 gb one for $299 and throw in a dock. I don't need a 20BG iPod but I want a dock. Oh well, I'm probably gonna buy one anyway.
Whoa there cowboy! If you read my posts, I haven't said anything about WMDs so I'm not about to start. Furthermore, I never said that the war DID make Americans more secure. I was talking about military families and why they would not support the war. Way to spin though!
Look, my point was that a lot of people give off the impression that they couldn't care less about these people who are suffring over in the middle east, or africa, or eastern europe, or asia. Now the question of whether the invasion of Iraq was worth 900 lives (and counting) is a legitimate one. Is is a question which I have no answer to. All I know is that if the President had said we were going in for humanitarian reasons I would have been for it. Knowing what I do...
Not to get off topic but how does one's intestines get sucked out by a pool drain? Must be one mother of a drain, probably a bit too much suction for a kiddie pool, or any pool for that matter. As much as I hate John Edwards, it sounds like that one wasn't a stupid lawsuit.
The US screwed up by supporting Saddam and W. realized the mistake and tried to correct it. This is, as I mentioned before, what the Europeans need to do in Africa. They need to fix the situiation there. By the way, I think it's sad how liberals think they are superior to everyone else. They think that freedom is something that not everyone should get. Somehow they believe that only they are entitled to it and that it is okay so stand by when a brutal dictator...
I would absolutely support the war for humanitarian reasons and this was one of the major reasons I was behind the war in the first place. Furthermore I believe that it is our duty as the most powerful nation in the world to eliminate all oppressive regimes in the world. We are helping Iraq and Afghanistan but there is a long way to go. I also think that Europe needs to help out in Africa insteat of just ignoring it. They colonized it and now they need to help fix it. ...