or Connect

Posts by Baron von Smiley

Exactly. The only reason they did it before was because they never had an iPhone 2. It went iPhone, 3G, 3gs, 4. So the iphone 4 was the fourth one. The iPhone 5 would be the sixth one, so the naming would be all wrong. They will/should not call it the iPhone 5! And why hasn't any of these big tech reporters/analysts hit up on this?
You know, my company also relies on iPads to do most of our business. Currently, we're sitting around doing a whole lot of nothing until the things are actually available. Where did your son's company pick some up so fast? The thing that MS has done in the past is to release their newest Zune OS on to older devices. So it wouldn't surprise me if they released a verson of WP7 for the current Zune HD. It's not going to have all the features the phone would, but then an...
I've been following this Pwn2Own contest for awhile now, and this article about Charlie Miller is being very selective of the facts they bring up. He also made statements that hacking in to a Mac is so easy, it's like child's play. The Safari vulnerabilities were so big that and easy to exploit, that he had the machine hacked in minutes. He also went on to say that he didn't bother trying to go after the Firefox or IE8 hack in Windows because it was just too difficult...
I used to be an investor in Apple, but I got out awhile ago and sold my stock for two reasons. One was that I didn't like the fact that the stock could surge or sink based on the health of one man. Secondly, Apple has a problem telling the truth. Now true, sometimes Apple lies for misdirection, as in "We have no interest to add video to the iPod" or "We have no interest in make a phone." But this whole thing with Steve's health just takes the cake. First he appears...
I'm guessing that WWDC 2008 will be about long reaching 10.6 design goals but also preparing developers for a move away from a GCC front end and a more modern pipeline with LLVM and Clang.[/QUOTE] I'm actually hoping for a few years without a new OS upgrade. For awhile there, they were coming out every year, making whichever version I was currently running obsolete. The thing that was nice about Windows XP was that you knew you weren't going to upgrade for awhile. ...
It definitely is in beta mode and still has quite a few kinks to work out, but being four months from release, I have to say that it's pretty good. The main idea that kept running through my head as I was using it was that while all of the user features are nice, they are mostly things that were available by third party applications. Apple has gotten a lot of their best ideas from third party developers. It reminded me of how Dashboard was just a rehash of Konfabulator....
I've spent the last week using OSX 10.5 Leopard on a 1.5 G4 Powerbook, and I thought that I'd share some of my impressions. First, I found it odd that Apple has already released an update for Leopard using it on 15" Al Powerbooks. I didn't get the full specifics on what it did, but after it updated, things were noticeably smoother. So on to the features. Spaces: I remember using something just like Spaces on a Linux system back in 2000. It works about the same and...
I think for most people 4 or 8gb is fine for a variety of media. The iPod Shuffle is successful, and how much can you store on that?[/QUOTE] But you don't watch video or look at pictures on the shuffle. Maybe I'm the lone one in the flock who doesn't want to constantly be syncing my iPod up with my computer every day to load in different music. I like that on my iPod I can just put everything on it and it's there when I want it. I have a shuffle that I use when I...
Did it bother anyone else that the time on the iPhone stayed at 9:42am for the entire 25 minutes? The other thought that kept going through my mind the entire time I'm watching this is about the tiny little 8gb hard drive. Is that 8gb of free space for all of my media, or is the operating system, web browser, and all the other apps installed on that 8gb hard drive? When you buy a new computer, it may be a 120gb drive, but then the operating system and everything else...
So 11 days before it's going to be released (supposedly they'll have some four million units ready on launch day) they announce that it's improved? It makes me wonder when they decided to implement these improvements. Have they been manufacturing them already with the improvements, or have they not begun manufacturing them yet? The fact that the design of the unit (ie using glass instead of plastic) hadn't been finalized until just a couple weeks before the launch...