or Connect

Posts by corconx

With all the problems I have had with my iMac, I have followed the instructions from the Apple Care Tech Team, and have formatted and reformatted and zeroed the drives, but still problems persisted, and I would like to say how helpful they all were, especially at the end Mr Mark Kelly, and they are going to replace my system, nor repair it. Whatever is wrong with it, we have never got to the bottom of it, but we certainly have tried for 2 months. At one stage I was so...
As I said (or think I said) I returned Parallels so no longer have it anyway. I am currently cloning the Mac HD to an external bootable drive, this is just in case this machine does get returned, and I will not have to go through copying everything again, I will then set it to backup as you have suggested. IIR I had no chance to make a smaller partition for Parallels and Windows.... it was the smallest it would allow, it may have been 65GB.... Cheers Carol
Marvin - but we believe it is a hardware problem, and not software... I returned parallels and have not done anything about installing bootcamp or looking at Fusion. Apparently there is a problem with backing up with TM and they are working on it. There are only a few programmes I may need for Windows for which we haven't yet found a substitute.... Parallels was created in only about 90gb. the one programme I haven't found an equivalent to is POIEdit which I use for...
I know I don't have to but I have been doing as directed by AppleCare - I fortunately paid the £139 for it, and so have made use of it. I will have a look at the link you have added, thank you for that.... I feel the machine should have been replaced at the first hurdle within the first series of errors, and I am aware that I thought I had a large enough disc for use as a backup - but again, I have never used macs before so was going by what they have instructed me.... ...
I did buy an iMac i5 and although ordered in the store, I had it delivered, as it was a bit big for taking on the train. Unfortunately for me, I have had problems from day 1 - it all started with iphoto and Time Machine - and problems just kept coming. Calls to Apple were answered and different things tried, and when I more of less broke down after three weeks in tears (all this is really unusual for something to get me down that bad), I finally got put up to the next...
Thanks again for that, and what is happening on the 20th, as I have been away for 7 weeks on holiday in France, I am not up to date, as it is only next week, it isn't long to wait, but what for? Carol
Thanks for your quick reply. I guess now I am retired I will not be doing real work, but having worked with computers and their forerunners since IBM's came out, I have always tried to buy the best and top of the range. I gather that the iMac isn't that good at upgrading, but having had another browse around - I expect the i5 is probably enough.... but will I regret it.. ? I will also want to install the ability to use some windows programmes for which there are no...
I am considering buying a new computer, but have always been a Windows user since 1982... I had also just purchased a new 2TB hard drive (thinking that was my problem with my current main computer) and am now wondering whether it would be easy to install it as a second drive - as they do sell it with the option, but as mine is brand new, I would prefer obviously to do it myself. Is this possible, and is it possible to upgrade the RAM at a later date yourself, as I have...