or Connect

Posts by Mynameisjoe

This is interesting to me. Apple acquired several mapping companies and Siri which had obvious immediate applications to iOS. But they also are necessary applications for implimenting iOS in the car. Now they might have only had iOS in mind when they acquired those companies and later realized that they had every thing they needed for iOS in the car. However, I think it is equally likely that they came up with a laundry list of what apps would work great in the car and...
I'm guessing that Mac users also install less Windows software on their computers and probably don't download much if any free Windows software that may contain malware.
Exactly what I was thinking. If you treat your employees well and pay them a decent salary, then you'll have a lot less turn over.
iPad, iPod Touch, and Old iPhones being used as an iPod touch.
Looks like HP is ahead of Apple in terms of conditions for it's factory workers. Apple is doing a good job, but it would be nice to see them get Foxconn to operate its factories more like that Quanta factory building HP computers.
  I totally disagree. This will greatly increase the appeal of Apple's, which is already incredibly valuable, but has been under fire for it's manufacturing practices as of late. A manufacturer bringing manufacturing jobs back to the USA!!!! That's going to greatly increase their appeal. 
  Apple will never buy ARM. Their are way too many antitrust issues for such a deal to ever go though.
From the sound of the news this is probably not the case, but I'll float the idea anyway. There has been tons of rumors about them developing a radically different Apple TV. Maybe this is just a smoke screen and they are putting Forstall in charge of the project. He did a really good job with the initial release of iOS after all, and it would be tough to run iOS development and this new project at the same time. It's probably just what it seems, but it's fun to throw a...
  If JCP's board is smart, he won't be. JCP hasn't been doing well lately, but the changes Johnson is making are good for the long term prospects for the company.
  Guess we've had opposite experiences. I have a Panasonic DVD player that is about 10 years old and a Panasonic TV that is about 7 years old and I've never had any trouble with either.