or Connect

Posts by Mynameisjoe

You're making predictions on the iPad 3 already. It's release is so far off I wouldn't trust this story if your source was Steve Jobs himself.
That would be cool. I could go on vacation and leave my charger at home.
I think this is more for the iPhone and MacBook Air.
Pretty good chance it was. My Dad had Cancer and had to go to the hospital for cat scans all the time.
My biggest problem with this is where do you draw the line? What about Netflix? Do they have to provide you with the ability to renew your subscription within the app? If so say goodbye to the Netflix app. Same thing with the Kindle app. Amazon is already paying 70% to the publishers. If they have to give 30% to Apple there is no profit in it for them. I suppose you can give the Netflix app pass because they are only providing a portal to their web content and nothing...
Sounds like Apple is doing a good job of monitoring its facilities. It's unfortunate that they need to be monitored at all. Hopefully, Apple will continue to be vigilant and more companies will follow suit.
I'm wondering if they are paying. The article said that that "Bing will power Nokia’s search services across Nokia devices and services." It sounds to me like that will include their feature phones and not just their smart phones running Windows Phone 7. I am thinking that may be enough for Microsoft to forgo it's normal licensing fees.
Part of the reason for the cost is that Apple has developers working on the ads from their end also, so they need the campaign to be big enough to recoup their costs. Additionally they at least were short on staff for iAd, so they needed to concentrate on more lucrative campaigns. They could probably cut the up front commitment in half, but I don't see them going any lower than that.
I think webOS probably makes a lot of sense on netbooks. It ought to run more efficiently than Windows and it currently can run on ARM chips. Did they make any announcements about their development environment? I can't see them getting many sophisticated applications unless they give developers something more than just HTML and JavaScript to develop with.
I'm convinced that they saw the presales of the Verizon iPhone and decided Steve Jobs health didn't matter that much.