or Connect

Posts by Minnesota_Steve

True.
Samsung is firing on all cylinders.
Apple's goal is likely to reduce the commoditization of their designs and features so they can retain their premium brand and experience. No expectation that they can prevent Samsung from selling phones.
Indeed. I think it will only take 3 months to recover the fee. This was Proview's tactic. Leveraging time vs. a pain in the ....I imagine The stronger Proview felt, the more they moved the goal post. Mediation was probably key to insuring the finish line did not move and legal rights were actually transferred.
In essence this already occurs. Everything is more expensive in mainland China. Hong Kong is cheaper and the USA even cheaper.
At the end of the day, all companies are using any means at their disposal to achieve market dominance. There is no doubt that Apple created the modern version of the SmartPhone. There is also no doubt they build upon the ideas of others and even adopt some outright. Similarly, there is no doubt that a large amount of hardware component innovation comes from Samsung and Apple is a large customer. Apple competes with innovation, network effects from their ecosystem,...
It's a good discussion. I take analysts predictions like this as merely a "what if" scenario. I will use the numbers quarter by quarter to see if they track on this trajectory. Nevertheless, a huge part of the valuation in the future will rely in the further growth outlook at that time. Even if Apple hits all of Zaky's sales and earnings milestones, the perception of future growth will have a significant impact then. We also have the complexity of Apple beginning to...
No doubt the Kindles are not iPads. But I believe Kindle Fires just displaced Kindle eInk devices. Although we are a 3 iPad family and have no plans to get a Fire, I am still an appreciator of the Fire.
The only thing I am sure of, is if such a product is real, Apple can announce it months in advance and not hurt themselves. This would also remove the potential for large scale leaks on the features.
Same problem here with a twelve year old and an iTouch. We had to terminate app store purchases completely. It's quite addictive.