or Connect

Posts by Minnesota_Steve

Same problem here with a twelve year old and an iTouch. We had to terminate app store purchases completely. It's quite addictive.
Apple is not in direct competition with chip manufacturers. It is a customer. A customer of an industry that developed without Apple as their main customer. I am sure Apple is happy to pit chip suppliers against each other, and happy as well to let them sell their products to others. As a business people, all of Apple's execs understand their suppliers for the most part cannot exist solely based on working with Apple. Of course they will pressure for allegiance...
St. Louis Park is a fine place.
Patents and their implied monopoly stimulate research. Including software research and related patents. Although Mueller is open about his dislike for software patents. His comment about a 20 year monopoly being against the public good for something that would be invented anyways is part of his view, but inconsistent with general practice of patent law. He has his view, but it is irrelevant on this point. I find his reporting and interpretation for the lay person to...
The beta is quite nice and I got even more out of it by watching several of the "my favorite features" videos on the net.
Amazing all the things Apple has to do to educate the market in response to those looking to find fault with their new products.
LOL. But so true. I figure next week's Macalope column will pick up the story.
The problem did and still does exist. I am an all Apple family. 2 new iPads, one iPad 2, one MAc Pro, 1 iPhone 4S, 1 iPhone 4, one iPhone 3Gs, a gazillion iPod touches and iPod nanos. Out of all these products, I only have problems with two. The iPhone 4 and the Mac Pro. Everything with the MAc Pro is resolved by changing some setting in the control panel. But the iPhone 4, well, indoors at work I get 2-3 bars signal. I ALWAYS drop calls if I hold it in the magic...
That's a fun scenario to consider. LOL. Of course it would take them a couple of years to ramp up production to fill that order. The antitrust issues of wiping out their smaller competitors by giving away free products would be crazy.
Of course that would be awesome. We'll see. But it would be a timely distribution in 2012 given that dividends will be taxed more heavily starting in 2013.