or Connect

Posts by Minnesota_Steve

LOL - great comment! I still want a larger than 3.5" iPod Touch like portable game player for the Apple ecosystem. So I will be a little noncompliant with my medication. :-)
Folks, it's clear with the new iPad name we are headed to an iPod, MacBook, iMac like naming system with roughly annual category refreshes. This year and maybe next year will be the last for the iPad 2. Instead we will have products across a wide range of price points. Maybe a no retina display, low flash memory model at the lowest entry point all the way up to the 4G LTE, retina 64+ (128, 256?) GB high end. A strategy like this is not really intended to sell the...
Well said. Nevertheless, since the topic of a smaller iPad is still interesting to debate, what could it do better (by a wide margin) from competitive products? 1. A more portable (and less silly to use) movie camera with on board editing. 2. Resolution. No going back, a retina display is a huge differentiator and supports iPhoto, iMovie but most importantly iBooks! Bye bye Kindles & Nooks. 3. Portable gaming, with better graphics, especially for kids. Parents have been...
Than most laptops? A netbook doesn't qualify as a useful laptop despite the form factor.
True, but eReaders are not tablets in the iPad sense either. So the share may be less than 90% but it is greater than 56%.
Well said.
Enough said.
That said, Photoshop is that creative >$500 software. It takes a large R&D effort. They also have the marketing resources to promote outside if the Mac App Store. 4 person development teams are unlikely to create a Photoshop. The reality is that Aperture and Lightroom really only bring a database function vs. other software. So that Adobe can simplify a partial set of existing features, add a basic database and then charge $150 is pretty nice for them.
That is indeed true. Reducing especially luminescence noise while retaining detail.
Photography is my main hobby and Photoshop with various plug-ins is my main software. Eventually with a large photo collection, database management becomes a real need and easy management of multiple versions of photos. The built in file browser for Photoshop, Bridge, is quite nice. But it is not a database. For a Photoshop user, Lightroom uses the same RAW file processing engine and tools. Furthermore, because of the high learning curve for Photoshop, many folks...