or Connect

Posts by Minnesota_Steve

iWiii (perfect)
Took them longer than Adobe to catch up with Apple.
In a previous post I did a crude mock up of Q1 2012 earnings. Imagine the following, but increase phone shipments to 42.5 M. Maybe reduce the average selling price by $150. 27 M iPhones at $700 = 18.9 B 15 M iPads at $600 = 9 B 5.5 M Macs at $1300 = 8.25 B iTunes = 2 B Software = 2 B (wild guess have never studied the Apple earnings in depth ) Total > $40 B. Want to be as good as any analyst or blogger (indie)? 1. Make a spreasheet with the above...
Can't wait to read it.
With an iPad I enjoyed: 1. Accesss to content and games in the most comfortable spots in my home. 2. Instant on made it a easier to grab, especially for short sessions. 3. A more natural device to rest on my lap. 4. A cool app store to explore with instant gratification. 5. An e-reader. 6. Lightweight travel companion. 7. Freedom from power chords. These are what many others loved. Freedom from the negative features of laptops and desktops. Pundits bashed...
...but the world needs to get used to it. What are some of the most difficult things to do on a large screen smartphone? Type long complicated messages. Even harder, if you have to switch between fields like in a calendar to make an appointment. How about sorting through pages of inaccurate Google search hits? If you use Siri, you will find the following become immensely easier: Manipulating you calendar Setting Reminders Setting Alarms Getting...
It's a good strategy. I hold some long also. But for some quick returns on cash, very nice. Better than a bank.
@andrewoliv Fair enough and specific. I feel like we are having the same conversation that Mutual Fund managers are having with respected analysts. Just we make a lot less $ for the effort. :-)
In the last year they had another aggressive guidance quarter. The one where analyst disappointment occurred over missing a 6M iPad sales estimate, vs. something like 4.1 M actual. You know, the iPad to iPad 2 transition quarter. Then analysts interpreted the next quarter high guidance as Apple trying to reassure everyone all is OK. As opposed to the reality. All the "rule of large numbers", "Apple has reached its peak" discussion. Analysts like to make their own...
Would not be surprised to learn that Apple commands available capacity first to meet their supply needs. I wouldn't assume equal distribution of capacity loss.