or Connect

Posts by Minnesota_Steve

With an iPad I enjoyed: 1. Accesss to content and games in the most comfortable spots in my home. 2. Instant on made it a easier to grab, especially for short sessions. 3. A more natural device to rest on my lap. 4. A cool app store to explore with instant gratification. 5. An e-reader. 6. Lightweight travel companion. 7. Freedom from power chords. These are what many others loved. Freedom from the negative features of laptops and desktops. Pundits bashed...
...but the world needs to get used to it. What are some of the most difficult things to do on a large screen smartphone? Type long complicated messages. Even harder, if you have to switch between fields like in a calendar to make an appointment. How about sorting through pages of inaccurate Google search hits? If you use Siri, you will find the following become immensely easier: Manipulating you calendar Setting Reminders Setting Alarms Getting...
It's a good strategy. I hold some long also. But for some quick returns on cash, very nice. Better than a bank.
@andrewoliv Fair enough and specific. I feel like we are having the same conversation that Mutual Fund managers are having with respected analysts. Just we make a lot less $ for the effort. :-)
In the last year they had another aggressive guidance quarter. The one where analyst disappointment occurred over missing a 6M iPad sales estimate, vs. something like 4.1 M actual. You know, the iPad to iPad 2 transition quarter. Then analysts interpreted the next quarter high guidance as Apple trying to reassure everyone all is OK. As opposed to the reality. All the "rule of large numbers", "Apple has reached its peak" discussion. Analysts like to make their own...
Would not be surprised to learn that Apple commands available capacity first to meet their supply needs. I wouldn't assume equal distribution of capacity loss.
Can you provide a link to one of those Apple disclaimers they do not include updates? The numbers are way too large IMO.
I'm with you on this. It must include updates. Say there are actually 200 active devices, the 15B downloads = 75 per device, plausible, but does not fit the pattern I observe among many users. Apple announced 10B in January. So at 15B now, 25 apps per device occurred in the last 6 months. I cannot believe that. But if 200 MM Devices beach had 10 apps updated twice in the last 6 months, that alone would be 4B apps. Worse, we know not all 200MM devices are active, any...
Given their large European subscriber base, it seems natural enough - in the absence of strong competition - they could succeed in the US. Pandora is quite popular and in my circles of friends, enhances/coexists in the same market with iTunes. Who doesn't like commercial free radio to hear the latest? It's just a matter of price. I spend about $100 a year on music on iTunes and for good radio content, $30-50 seems cool. Especially if it makes the hunt for ways to spend...
Some of the numbers from last quarter and other insights: -14.1 iPhones sold last quarter -5.2 million new AT&T iPhone activations, implying 8.9 million international activations -Apple claims they can sell all the iPhones they can build Based on this, I would assume Apple will retain the terms they desire with Verizon or anyone else. I also believe it implies there is still a significant ramp up occurring in iPhone manufacturing to maintain existing channels...