or Connect

Posts by Minnesota_Steve

Can you provide a link to one of those Apple disclaimers they do not include updates? The numbers are way too large IMO.
I'm with you on this. It must include updates. Say there are actually 200 active devices, the 15B downloads = 75 per device, plausible, but does not fit the pattern I observe among many users. Apple announced 10B in January. So at 15B now, 25 apps per device occurred in the last 6 months. I cannot believe that. But if 200 MM Devices beach had 10 apps updated twice in the last 6 months, that alone would be 4B apps. Worse, we know not all 200MM devices are active, any...
Given their large European subscriber base, it seems natural enough - in the absence of strong competition - they could succeed in the US. Pandora is quite popular and in my circles of friends, enhances/coexists in the same market with iTunes. Who doesn't like commercial free radio to hear the latest? It's just a matter of price. I spend about $100 a year on music on iTunes and for good radio content, $30-50 seems cool. Especially if it makes the hunt for ways to spend...
Some of the numbers from last quarter and other insights: -14.1 iPhones sold last quarter -5.2 million new AT&T iPhone activations, implying 8.9 million international activations -Apple claims they can sell all the iPhones they can build Based on this, I would assume Apple will retain the terms they desire with Verizon or anyone else. I also believe it implies there is still a significant ramp up occurring in iPhone manufacturing to maintain existing channels...