or Connect

Posts by npynenberg

Rolo, Do you happen to have the brand name and or model name of this adapter? Does anyone have any experience with this adapter? I am really looking for something like this... to use with our school's video podcast studio. We can't afford a Mac Pro right now.. and I'm looking for a method to attach a 3rd firewire camera.. and don't want to saturate that bus. Thanks in advance for any help!
Ouch. My bad, and my sincerest apologies for not reading more closely. Thanks for smacking me... I needed it.
Can you plug in an external mic?
You know, I was thinking the same thing. I agree with both points. I do think Steve is trying to diversify a little by including more high level employees in the keynotes. It makes sense given that Steve will have to retire at some point, and showing the mac faithful that he isn't essential to the show is a good first step. The point made about the stock issue is also valid IMHO, but probably not the reason for it. Steve does a great job with the keynotes... and I'm...
Well a little off topic... but I just got word that we will be buying approx 100 intel imac (17"-1GB) and 28 emacs. I made a long appeal to tru to buy only intel macs... and I compromised by delaying the replacement of one of our labs, and replacing another with the emacs. Overall.. I'm pretty happy. Now I just need to find some cool educational uses for those built in isight cams.
Well... lots of theories on this subject! My wife and I have both spanked.. or slapped our child's hand on rare occasions. In nearly 100% of those occasions they have been situations where the child was about to cause harm to himself. Examples: Touching a hot over, playing with an electrical cord, etc. Generally, providing alternatives when he is doing something we don't want him to do has been enough to stop bad behavior. I know that at least twice I have...
Now that is what I meant to explain. Thanks Bergermeister. I still can answer many questions about Einstein due to my oral presentation in 7th grade.
I also felt that way about PowerPoint, and imovies. But.. think of it in another way. When you have a small group.. or individuals working on a project they will always remember the material much better. They also tend to remember other student's presentations on a subject better than an instructors lecture. I agree USB drives are far better... but many of our students don't have high powered machines at home. Some have computers that don't even have usb ports! It's easy...
I know a portable burner sounds good in theory, but when you are in a lab full of teenagers you quickly realize it doesn't work that way. Teachers need to have the class all moving at the same time.. and holding up a new lesson plan to burn movies doesn't really work. I hear your argument as I would have made the same one... but it just doesn't work in the classrom environment. As for RAM, I know about RAM pairing... but the speed differencial isn't all that substantial in...
Time for me to weigh in... First, I am a Macintosh technician for a large high school. We are currently finishing up our buying plans for the 06-07 school year. Schools typically end their financial year around June 30, and and their new one starts July 1st. What we will by needs to be released by June 1st or it may as well come out 7-8 months later. The summer months are the only time that computer labs can be swapped out and upgraded. Right now my school is...