or Connect

Posts by macm37

Does anyone know if the app for both iOS & OS X has been updated to where we have more routing options when we wish to avoid highways, toll roads, ferries and dirt roads, etc.? The freeway is very congested most of the times when I leave to start my swing shift, that I sometimes have to resort to Waze or Google Maps since both the OS X and iOS Maps app versions does not have these routing options. The inclusion of them would make the app so perfect that I would consider...
Do it Billy Boy!  Allow this idiotic plan that definitely does not have enough thought put into it to happen!  Give us OS X and iOS users a great laugh as the 2 infamous virus ridden OS  will run on the poorly built Windows dull boxes!  Not too long ago was there an appleinsider article stating how the number of malware/viruses are more and worse when compared to Windows XP.
Oh great!!  With Appleinsider explaining to us a few months ago just how vulnerable Android is, soon our cars along with our tablets and smartphones are doomed to malware.  I recall the article telling us that Android is more vulnerable than Windows XP - now that's very scary!!  Well, at least we know which car not to buy or lease until they give us the choice of Android or iOS.
Both the DoJ and the FCC have already expressed that they don't want any of the Big 4 Mobile Carriers merging. For a company like Sprint, who is having a slow rollout of their LTE network, that along with how many current and former subscribers' complaints of how badly they're run from top to bottom, to possibly acquire T-Mobile, a company who has had a great year for 2013, this would be a nightmare for many consumers! Please have both the DoJ and the FCC intervene to...
With the way Judge Koh has been reducing the amount that Samsung could be suffering, someone should try to video record her taking a phone call on her cell phone before she handles this case, other cases, or resumes work to see if she has any bias toward either side.
Hey everyone,   Just out of curiosity, is Lenovo or IBM still interested in acquiring Blackberry?  Personally, I don't see any benefit to either of them buying a company whose OS still needs more updating to compete with iOS and Android.  IBM has enough patents and are well known for having the most to where they can create and release their own mobile OS and don't have to partner with Android or Blackberry. For Lenovo to think that an acquisition of Blackberry is going...
osmartormenajr and everyone else or whose spouse, boyfriend, or girlfriend that tried(s) Android: ​ The ironic and funny thing is that a few months ago, Appleinsider wrote an article saying how Android's security issues are analogous or yet worse when compared to a Windows desktop operating system.  One thing that contributed to this was not knowing who or where to download an application/program from since there are lot of people taking credit for the original...
Originally posted by d4NjvRzf,   Chrome upon its release exceeded Safari in several respects, such as security. Safari didn't isolate each tab in its own sandboxed process until later. In fact per tab processes appears to be one of the upcoming features announced at this year's wwdc.   Excuse me, but you are really missing the point of my post in that what Steve Jobs had to say about introducing features.  He basically said that Apple may not always be the first...
For starters, we can thank Google for giving credit to which company is to be more like - and that's Apple.  They have copied Apple's web browser by taking an earlier build of Webkit; creating a more resource consuming version called Chrome - which does not even do all of which Safari and Webkit do.  They have also copied Apple's mobile OS by having a former employee who worked in the same department of when multi-touch was being made and they have created Android, an OS...
Samsung,   It's time to admit defeat and stop photocopying!!  Although you have a contingency plan by switching your Galaxy S line-up to the "Tizen" OS that you and Intel are big contributors to, I would keep looking for other alternatives to get out of this mess.  Why?!  Samsung and Intel are more of hardware companies; and do not have as much software development experience as Apple and Google do.