or Connect

Posts by tjwal

IOS 5 is supposed to enable bluetooth on the ATV so there will be lots of input options.
Being first to market isn't necessarily an advantage, many people wait for the second iteration. I certainly waited for the Ipad 2. I do think though that patent protection for electronic hardware and software be for a shorter period of time. Five years should be enough to bring something to market and have 1 or two upgrades before someone else can use the patent. By then if you're inovative you've got something better anyway. It would also get rid of the patent trolls...
[QUOTE=Onhka;1900239]As the adage goes, "buyer beware." The Mac mini and iMac are the same price; actually the exchange rate favours Canadians. QUOTE] Not really. The Canadian dollar is worth more than the US so the Can price should be less. They also charge us $120 for the Apple TV which after taking the exchange rate into account is about 25% too high.
I would guess it's 3 or 4 times that much /hour. $500/hr is for the cheap ones.
Especially if your foot is to the floor and you're in reverse.
It looks a lot like a Samsung phone to me.
Maybe a 7 day refund policy would get rid of all the junk in the app store. If an app is only good for 7 days then it certainly isn't worth paying for in the first place.
There's an iPad app for that, at least for the ATV. There are universal remote apps but they require, IMHO, overpriced hardware to transmit the IR. Some new TVs, Samsung for example support bluetooth and or WiFi enabled so IR remotes may be on there way out. Even so the iPad, or more likely a cheap Android tablet, with a $5 adapter is probably going to replace the current crop of universal remotes.
I purchased a 2x1TB Dlink NAS for just over $200. it wasn't plug and play but really not that difficult to set up. I can access it from my IPad but I have never got the Itunes server to work. The connected PCs on the other hand are a PITA. They attempt to mount network drives before connecting to the network (both hardwired and WiFi). Google found lots of people with the same problem but no solution.
I have both a kindle and an ipad. I'm not a pilot so I don't know how much info needs to be included on your "approach plate". A kindle sized device may be fine if your maps are pocket book sized but as a replacement for 8.5x11 sheets an ipad size is more appropriate. Back to the availability of cheaper tablets though I still don't see any Ipad equivalent tablets that are any cheaper.