or Connect

Posts by tjwal

I bought my wife a Lenovo laptop a few months ago.  My daughter has an Air but I don't get to use it often enough to do a comparison of trackpads.  I can say though, that the lenovo trackpad certainly isn't perfect by any stretch.  Along with windows 8 the laptop is frustrating to use. 
Bill Gates denies the common rumor that in 1981 he stated that 640kB was enough for everybody. In 1979  I upgraded my first computer from 4kB to 8kB, memory cost me $10/kB.
I wonder if Samsung has a patent on limiting the SD to data only.  If Apple was so inclined they could use a similar method, locking down the apps to prevent piracy but allowing the users use SD cards for data.  I just looked at my iPhone and I use about 1.7GB for apps.  My iPad is at home but I suspect it will have quite a bit more but probably still less than 10 Gb in apps.
Apple can sell their upgrades for whatever they want.  But who is the sheep when you can buy a 16 GB sd card for $10.
SD cards and cameras have come a long way in the last 10 years.
It's certainly not as bad as paying Apple $100 to get a bump in memory.
Or they could add $10 to the material cost and make it 32Gb.
  It wasn't that long ago that they were $2/Gig, now they are under a $1.  I'm surprised the Apple prices actually aren't that bad.  They must have lowered the Tax! LOL
I wouldn't characterize it as a trap.  It is a business strategy that is often successful.  Simply fill all the niches so your competitor has no where to go.  It works fine until someone comes up with a disruptive device.  That's what happened to Nokia when the iPhone came along.  Currently with only incremental improvements in smart phones it isn't a bad strategy.
A tablet that can be used as a phone makes a lot of sense in the business world, so I don't think this product will only apeal to lower incomers.  If Apple responds I'm sure they will find an innovative way to get past the technical issues that some have posted about.