or Connect

Posts by tjwal

Aluminum is self healinig.  When it get scratched a layer of aluminum oxide (AKA sapphire) forms and protects it from further corrosion.  A good grade of aluminum will not oxidize to white powder.  That type of corrosion is unique to poor alloy control.  It was/is very common in zinc alloys. Chrysler chrome trim was especially bad for this and often fell apart after a couple of years.  The root cause is a mix of dissimilar metals which results in intergranular corrosion...
Your comments remind me of the movie Argo.
A bit more information on the direct to TV feature would have been nice.  Most if not all smart TV will already have a youtube app so it's not a big thing.  But if Youtube can do it then why not other apps,  that would be a big.
I agree it is a great service.  I seem to recall reading that is started out of a deal between Steve Jobs and Stanford U. One thing I do find annoying though it is the amount of 2 minute teaser lectures that are a waste of time.  There a plenty though that are really great.  I suppose it depends upon the provider.
XBMC has been ported to the ARM based raspberry pi.  All it takes is $35 dollars of hardware and an SD card.
 I just hope that that is the case.  Right now it looks more likely that the JB community will move on because of how well Apple locked down the ATV3.  The programmers who are creating products such as XBMC will also move on and add funtionality to competing devices..  Consumers will also move to these if they have significant advantages over the ATV.  That is why in my original post I expressed my hope that Apple would do something with the ATV
the whole topic was about what the jailbreak community has added in terms of functionality.  I would expect Apple could do even better, instead what have they done;  added MLB, NHL wow.  Where I am ATV2s are selling for about $200 because they can be jail broke, so it is not just me who wants the extra functionality. 
Since your google skills are so limited how about this:   XBMC, 1Channel, Icefilms, CouchSurfer, NaviX, NBC, CBS, ABC, ABC Family, CW, WB, RSS Feed, Weather, Media Player, ESPN Video, Fox Sports, Fox News, Nascar.com, WSJ Live, Food Network, History, Lifetime, USA, A&E, AMC, Biography, Bravo, Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, HGTV, Nickelodeon, NickTeen, NickToons, Oxygen, Spike, SyFy, TV Land, MTV, VH1, G4TV, GSN, Radio, Trailers, TMZ, NASA, Icecast, Internet Archive, Blip.tv,...
Maybe rather than flapping your gums you should check out what a jailbroke ATV2 is capable of.  If the hackers can add that much functionality, why the HL can't apple.
Yes i have both. If you're thinking about airplay. Yes i have used it but can't say i'm happy with that approach.