or Connect

Posts by jd_in_sb

I don't see any icons of Tasmanian natives. This is racism. /s
For just $8 per month you can be denied access to the stories you want to read!
It touched a nerve because your book is fiction claiming to be fact.
Buying refurbished iPad 2's from Apple.com has been a good deal, around $200.
First 1TB drives appeared in 2007. Either way, we are nowhere near the petabyte drive which is a shame
I am really liking 7.1. For the first time since the week the iPhone 5S went on sale, Touch ID works. It used to work only about 1/4 of the time. I had completely stopped using it. Now it works every time, using the same old, stored fingerprint data. Thank you Apple.
An alternate title for this story might be "Australia law allows companies to legally avoid paying taxes." That is more to the point.
 I did go to the store and return the phone. The new one has the same problem, called "Touch ID fade" that supposedly 7.1 will fix. I even programmed all 5 slots with the same finger, but it didn't help. After a week or so the ability of iOS 7.0x to recognize a print starts fading away.
Touch ID fade has kept me from using it. Fails more than half the time starting a few days after I enter my fingerprints. Works great for the first few days.
I had completely stopped using touch ID because of the fade. Now after the recent SSL-fix update of iOS it seems to be working again.