or Connect

Posts by jd_in_sb

If Arizona wasn't so tax-friendly this facility would simply be in Texas. No loss out of Arizona tax payers' pocket in either case.
Some day the iPhone cash cow will end and Apple stock will return to Earth. I think it is a mistake to give away future financial reserves. Save it for when times are tough years from now. For all we know, interest on savings might be Apple's sole source of income some day. No company stays at the top of their game forever. That being said, Tim Cook is much smarter than this particular Apple fan so just ignore me
It's amazing how much rumor and speculation has been generated from a single photo of a van with gadgets on the top. I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung preemptively launches a Samsung Galaxy SmartVan before the year is out.
Steve Jobs was just as proud of the products he did NOT ship as the ones he did, even though the non-shipping products took years of development. Of course a few clunkers came out anyway. Sony should learn this lesson. Shipping crappy products diminishes your brand.
I live in Santa Barbara, California. Several people I know bought the iPhone 1, myself included. The original iPhone took 74 days to sell a million and had sold 10 million by day 365. The iPhone 6/+ sells 800,000+ per day.
When the iPhone was announced many people I know said they couldn't wait to buy one. Each successive version there was similar chatter. I don't know a single person who has said they are interested in the Apple Watch. I hope this product does well.
All these Applw Car rumors started with the photo of a van. I expect Samsung to launch a car in the fall.
Still waiting for password protected power-off. The first thing thieves do is shut it off so tracking is unavailable.
Things have certainly changed since that "1984" Superbowl commercial
 Say what? Gorilla Glass breaks so easily there is an entire industry setup to repair damaged screens. I had a iphone fall 2 feet off a chair and the screen cracked. Gorilla Glass is fragile.