or Connect

Posts by jd_in_sb

Sounds like maps will be the big software feature in next summer's iPhone. Hopefully it will include Siri giving turn-by-turn directions.
Good point! IMHO if it can't run x86 applications they shouldn't call their tablet OS "Windows." Call it Metro. Like Apple calls theirs iOS, not OSX.
Yup. You nailed it. My elderly dad is new to computers and about 2 years ago I gave him an HP Windows 7 laptop. All he wants to do is browse the web yet he gets confused by a steady stream of pop-up messages, software updates (java, PDF, etc), a virus that brought down the whole computer despite being "fully protected" by AVG, browser tool bars mysteriously appearing or disappearing, and the occasional accidental pressing of a tiny, evil button that deactivates wifi. His...
"Windows everywhere without compromise" is Microsoft's slogan yet Windows 8 tablets based on the ARM architecture will not run traditional x86 applications. It's time to ditch the slogan.
You are 100% right on that one. And Jony Ive most closely resembles Steve's heart and passion for products. People should watch and listen to Jony's October 19th Steve Jobs memorial speech. It starts at the 48 minute point. Part of Steve is still alive in Jony.http://www.apple.com/celebrating-steve
He is doing what Steve did, continuously making improvements and adjustments. No where did I read that he was making the kind of overhaul that you are suggesting.
Tim Cook is no John Sculley. Steve worked side-by side with Tim for 13 years, grooming him and trusting him. Same story with Jony Ive, the world's premier product designer, and marketing manager Phil Schiller. Software guru Scott Forstall goes back even further with Steve, to the NeXT days. Steve hand-picked these people (and others) to carry on his legacy. Let's give them a chance.
"HTC tops Apple in Q3 US smartphones using Apple's technology"
Every product you mentioned was created while Steve Jobs was CEO. He wasn't a perfect batter but he hit a lot of grand slams.
Including MobileMe which was launched too soon and was buggy. It's better to be late than lame.