or Connect

Posts by jd_in_sb

I love it when stories include pictures of Steve.
Apparently no story is immune to negative feedback, not even an article about Apple giving money to charities.
So nice! No more iTunes & USB cables needed for upgrades! It all went very smoothly.
You are correct, I was wrong. Looks like I grabbed my quote from the criteria used for Person of the Century (won by Albert Einstein).
Incorrect. The selections are based on what the magazine describes as who they believed had a stronger influence on history.
I finally got it to work. Hold the iPhone 4S so the screen is facing up (the phone is horizontal) before you raise it up to your ear. That allows Siri to activate.
If Apple only has 68% of the tablet market what tablet(s) have the rest?
Person of the year isn't required to make a widget. Andy Grove was person of the year in 1997 and he didn't build anything that year. You don't even have to be nice: Hitler won the award in 1938. Historically, to be Person of the Year, you need to be in the news a lot - and Steve was. The fact that his impact on society is frequently compared to Walt Disney, Henry Ford and Thomas Edison increases his odds. The fact that Steve's business reached a milestone this year as...
I think Steve Jobs will win it.
You are right. Raise to Speak only works when already in a conversation. It does not work in any other circumstance for me. That's too bad. Let's hope that's fixed in iOS 5.x