or Connect

Posts by jd_in_sb

Jony Ive is a terrific, charismatic & passionate speaker. He gets my vote to carry Steve's keynote torch.
I'll never count Microsoft out in the smartphone battle. If Android manufacturers get beaten badly enough in the courts they might all start calling Redmond. But there is no doubt Windows Phones are currently nowhere to be seen (except in Herald Square).
Years ago I read that the way Amazon dealt with unionizing order-fulfillment centers was to shut down the centers.
I have been using 360 panorama as well. Let's hope that Apple's design is just as easy to use. History teaches me that it will probably be even better.
HTC won't be paying royalties to Apple. Apple wants Android to go down, down, down...
As I understand it Kindle Fire doesn't run the Android Marktetplace. They are treating it like an entirely new platform. Which means that Kindle Fire is not more fragmenting Android anymore than WebOS fragmented Android.
The Kindle Fire won't add to Android fragmentation because from the user's point of view it is not Android. It's looks and behaves like a proprietary platform.
Theaters? That's really, really weird. This is not footage of Michael Jackson rehearsing for a concert.
They are already very wealthy (and deservedly so). Their love of Apple probably is what keeps them there, not more stock options.
Pretty cool. It doesn't have all those metal clamps like the Shanghai store does.