or Connect

Posts by jd_in_sb

Most informed people who follow Appleinsider know that Apple did not invent Siri. And no other phone has the quality and extensive integration of voice control that Siri brings to the iPhone. Yes, other phones have voice control but not in the class of Siri.
I hope that Oracle CEO Larry Ellison, as a final gift for his best friend Steve Jobs, goes thermonuclear with Google and also refuses to settle over stolen property inside Android.
Again, I am not a lawyer. I don't know legal strategy. Android is not a completely stolen product. Only parts of Android use patented Apple technology and patented Oracle technology.
Apple has a very talented legal team and they determined that this is the best way to start the war. It's like bombing the radar towers before you hit command & control. I am reasonable certain that the front lines will eventually arrive at Google's doorstep.
Your original question was "What did they steal exactly?" So I pointed that out to you in my previous post. Now you are asking a very different question. You are asking about Apple's legal strategy of attacking manufacturers instead of Google. Legal strategy is something I know nothing about. Apple's lawyers probably determined that the best way to attack Android was by going after the people who actually sell it. I don't know for sure.
I agree with you. Google did wholesale theft of Apple's technology. I just pointed that out because it seemed that some people think that Schmidt had been in the board for years before the iPhone announcement.
Schmidt joined Apple's board 4 months before the iPhone was announced.
Apple is attacking Android by proxy. Apple is suing hardware manufacturers for iphone ideas stolen by Google and incorporated into Android. This link lists 20 patent violations that Apple is suing HTC over. Most are Android violations by Google, some are HTC hardware violations. Courts have not yet ruled on all of these claims. Scroll down on the page to see details. http://androidandme.com/2010/03/news...er-20-patents/
Quote of the day
Maybe Taiwan should be alarmed that their companies are stealing rather than innovating.