or Connect

Posts by jd_in_sb

I am on record here, stating more than once, that the iPhone 4S would be the first model of iPhone I haven't owned. I quickly changed by mind when I tried Siri in the Apple store. In my opinion Siri is as big a leap forward as multi-touch was. I use Siri throughout the day, every day. It very tangibly makes my interaction with the iPhone easier.
I'm half way through, first book I have ever read on my iPad. I have followed Steve Jobs for more than 30 years yet most of the information in the book is completely new to me. I will miss Steve forever.
I find it hard to believe that Facebook will be getting into the OS & Office suite business. But I have been wrong before - like my prediction of next summer's iPhone
I hadn't considered that. I thought the iPhone 4S was delayed because iOS 5/iCloud wasn't ready.
I bet you an iTunes credit that it arrives in June!
Sounds like maps will be the big software feature in next summer's iPhone. Hopefully it will include Siri giving turn-by-turn directions.
Good point! IMHO if it can't run x86 applications they shouldn't call their tablet OS "Windows." Call it Metro. Like Apple calls theirs iOS, not OSX.
Yup. You nailed it. My elderly dad is new to computers and about 2 years ago I gave him an HP Windows 7 laptop. All he wants to do is browse the web yet he gets confused by a steady stream of pop-up messages, software updates (java, PDF, etc), a virus that brought down the whole computer despite being "fully protected" by AVG, browser tool bars mysteriously appearing or disappearing, and the occasional accidental pressing of a tiny, evil button that deactivates wifi. His...
"Windows everywhere without compromise" is Microsoft's slogan yet Windows 8 tablets based on the ARM architecture will not run traditional x86 applications. It's time to ditch the slogan.
You are 100% right on that one. And Jony Ive most closely resembles Steve's heart and passion for products. People should watch and listen to Jony's October 19th Steve Jobs memorial speech. It starts at the 48 minute point. Part of Steve is still alive in Jony.http://www.apple.com/celebrating-steve