or Connect

Posts by jd_in_sb

I just read that whole story (thanks for sharing). Panic turned down a meeting with Apple and had no idea that Apple wanted to buy them and turn Audion into iTunes (note to self: never turn down meetings with Apple). Then, when they eventually did meet with Apple, they turned down job offers to join what became the iPod/iTunes team (note to self: when Apple asks to hire you, say yes).
This reminds me of Groupon rejecting a $6 BILLION offer from Google. Traffic to Groupon has since fallen off a cliff.
HTC paid $300 million for the now-invalidated S3 patents for protection against their theft of Apple's intellectual property. Sucks to be them!
Probably!
I have been following Steve Jobs since 1978 and feel so sad. What a huge loss to the world. Each day since October 5th feels like a bad dream that never ends. I still can hardly believe he's gone.
Not really. They are so big that they don't care if one Samsung division harms another.
Steve Jobs was working on the iPad for more than 5 years before it was released. I am pretty sure that Steve has been involved with products to be released 3 or 4 years from now.
Big-time ditto. I still struggle with it daily, if not hourly. And this is coming from a Windows guy (and iPhone fanatic).
Exactly. Letting other steal your technology is not a competitive move.