or Connect

Posts by jd_in_sb

So many people complained in this forum when Apple released an upgraded phone instead of an all-new one. I have never seen such a collective online temper tantrum before. Glad to now see articles vindicating Apple completely. Again, Steve Jobs did the right thing, allowing another year with the same form factor for the huge accessories market. And not releasing a battery-guzzling LTE phone before the LTE chips were ready.
AT&T is shooting themselves in the foot here. When they actually roll out real 4G, what will their marketing department be able to say? Welcome to 4G - again? They are lowering the marketing value of their future 4G network by trying to use the 4G brand now.
Sad to hear he was in pain. Cancer sucks.
The name Steve Jobs will be remembered forever. An icon for the ages. A man who spent more than 3 decades making the world a better place. Steve's final gift is having hand-picked Tim Cook and spent 13 years showing him the Apple Way. All the Apple executives are superstars and worked with Steve for years. He has left Apple booming with record sales, profits and $80 billion in the bank. And Steve has undoubtedly left Apple with a road map for many years to come. Apple is...
We miss you Steve.
Nicely worded post. My feelings exactly.
I don't think I can emotionally say goodbye to Steve until I have read the book. He has so much yet to tell us.
The tech world feels adrift right now. The one person who could see the future and take us there is gone. But Steve has left a great team of innovators to continue his legacy so I am hoping for the best.
What's amazing about this book is the Steve Jobs specifically asked to not be allowed to see it in advance or influence the way it is written. And he wanted ex-girlfriends, people he fired, and others who might paint a less-than-flattering portrait of Mr. Jobs be interviewed as well. He was fearless - as always. He wanted authenticity more than praise. He started working on this book nearly 4 years ago when he knew he might not have long to live. And the 600+ page...