or Connect

Posts by jd_in_sb

Now someone needs to raid Samsung and confiscate their fake iPhones.
As of June 8, 1995 patents last 20 years from the date they were filed.If a company spends time and money to develop an idea I believe they should have an exclusive period of time to profit from it. Without a period of exclusivity why bother inventing something? It would be much easier to just wait for another company to do all the work and then immediately cash in on the other company's idea.
Your response is inflammatory so I will ignore it.
I agree. The protection of intellectual property is in the public interest because it provides incentive for companies to innovate. If anyone can copy your work without penalty, there is no incentive to create new products.
This would be a good time to revisit the May 31, 2011 Apple Insider story titled "Rolling Stone co-founder slams publishers for embracing Apple's iPad" http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...ples_ipad.html
Critics of the new Apple campus need to get a life. It is not a commercial Apple product. It's a building. Everyone who ever broke from the norm and successfully created something different, received similar criticism along the way.
You mean the beginning of the iPhone 6 rumors is finally in sight?
If Amazon markets it as a "color Kindle" and keeps the word "tablet" out of it, I think they could do alright.
What lawsuit?
At least Apple got the patent on the technology. That's far more important.