or Connect

Posts by tzeshan

Not really.  This is a conclusion I reached today. 
The iPad mini is a failure too. In the recent quarter retina iPad mini sales fell more than iPad Air. In retrospect, the iPad mini was introduced because there are a lot of complaints that the iPad is too heavy.  But the mini size is not too different from iPad.  Since the Air is half pound lighter, the mini has lost its purpose.  Another product flop in Apple. 
I did not read this CIRP report before.  But it echos exactly the same point I made.   "Apple charges a $100 premium for each step in storage space for both the iPhone and iPad, and most of that is pure profit. An iPad Air with 16GB retails for $499, while the same tablet with 32GB runs $599, but Apple pays only $9 more for the memory in the latter, according to tear-down experts at IHS iSuppli."   "Apple sold relatively cheaper storage configurations for these leading...
How ironic you have switched to my original view which is iPads did not grow as the iPhone yoy because of the price.  My proposition is if Apple does not want to lower the price of iPad then it can exploit the advantages of iPad over the competitors. 
Before iPhone the carriers subsidized but the feature phone price was already well below $300.  You are clueless yourself.  The general public does care everything.  This is why Android market share is approaching 80%.  Who is the general public?  The 80% or the 20%? 
Of course I am talking about $$$.  The $499 price for iPad Air and $399 for rIpad mini is already hampering many potential buyers.  Your think iPhone 5S can grow 17% is purely because of it's quality?  I think its because of it is highly subsidized by the carriers.  You think iPhone 5S buyers have $$$?  Don't forget 5S can be had for $199 and sometimes is much beclow $199.  Compare this price with a $599 32 GB iPad Air.   We have to thank the carriers that Jobs convinced...
I will give a C for Apple iPad marketing team. I have said here many months ago that Apple needs to make the base model 32 GB for $499. Apple marketing team is still trapped in the same target as in 2010. That is the person uses iPad to view email, surf internet, watch video, store photos, etc. Apple marketing team seem stupid not knowing that with more memory then users can store all their music library, photos on an iPad. Further, with more memory iPad can be more...
How does it help retrieving if the phone was moved to different place?
She is an Yale professor?  Does she know the smartphone history?  There are smartphones before 2007 iPhone.  To start a phone you press a button.  Jobs and teams designed iPhone so it operates with full screen multi-touch methods.  In order to begin use the phone user has to swipe to unlock it.  So this method is a standard for multi-touch full screen smartphone.  Apple patented this.  Since this standard no reviewer or user ever cared to mentioned it.  Her argument is...
Apple implemented this feature in Find my iPhones years ago.  I believe Apple has a patent in  it.  I think the truth is Android fans want it.  The CTIA uses this tactic so Apple can allow Android users to use without paying Apple.  Apple made numerous innovations in iPhone.  The cheap Android users want these innovations.  What I hate is they they don't give Apple proper credit.