or Connect

Posts by schralp

If the school had such a system, this thread wouldn't exist. As I am not a school administrator at their school, I don't have the ability to implement the solution you are suggesting. Got one that an individual could implement?   Not sure we broke any laws? Are there laws about "fictional birth dates" to get an iTunes account?
What does copyright protection have to do with this? It's completely off topic. I suppose you have another suggestion for how to handle the need for elementary school students in an iPad only curriculum to have iTunes accounts in order to purchase the educational apps required by the school system? If so, perhaps you should share it. The school actually suggested the "fictional" birth dates.....thanks for your constructive comments.
So, Apple now has Family Share -- way too late. My kids have been in an iPad only school for 4 years now. When they started, I had to lie about their ages to open iTunes accounts for them. Fast forward to iOS 8 and we finally have Family Share where kids under 13 can have an account and I can manage their purchases. However, because of their false birthdays, they are "adults" and I cannot manage/approve these purchases. Someone's head should roll for this kind of screwy...
It's hitting BestBuy before those of us that pre-ordered are getting one; why did I waste my time. Doesn't bode well for future customer service....
Most importantly, is there syncing for podcasts? I can't seem to find it?
I think this is a huge mistake and wish Apple would reconsider doing away with web hosting (with iWeb publishing) and the galleries. I'm happy to be rid of iDisk; much prefer Dropbox anyway. A number of others seem to feel the same way:   https://discussions.apple.com/message/15355134?searchText=Will%20Apple%20continue%20iWeb%20support#15355134   Wish they would "just listen" because people like me liked the way it "just worked" especially for publishing...
I'm still buying the majority of my music on CD and ripping in order to get high quality files. Luckily, iTunes converts to AAC on the fly for my Nano and iPhone but I don't want to listen to lossy music files at home. Not sure how much revenue this would bring but it would certainly get folks like me to make more purchases there. Maybe I'm the only "dinosaur" out there who prefers high quality files but I doubt it. The services that sell these now are nowhere near as...
I'm still buying the majority of my music on CD and ripping in order to get high quality files. Luckily, iTunes converts to AAC on the fly for my Nano and iPhone but I don't want to listen to lossy music files at home. Not sure how much revenue this would bring but it would certainly get folks like me to make more purchases there. Maybe I'm the only "dinosaur" out there who prefers high quality files but I doubt it. The services that sell these now are nowhere near as...
Just called customer service and they said to call Apple (the usual infinite loop). I'd like to see someone post who actually got an official AT&T unlock....
I'm a wired subscriber but they charge more for the digital version (which must have lower production and distribution costs) than for the print version, so I stuck with the latter. Other periodicals I subscribe to (NG, Economist, etc) give me the digital version for free as a subscriber and I am happy to support them. I took the bait for the NYTs subscription intro, but won't be continuing after the trial period because they want to charge more for access on both my...