or Connect

Posts by s.metcalf

Existing model has exactly the same video card with 2 Gb VRAM. All in all a pretty snore-worthy update.  Not that it isn't a great laptop already.  32 Gb BTO RAM option would be welcome. Just what is it with Apple lately?  I mean where the hell is the new Mac Mini?
 Agreed.  Really unexpected style too.  Apple ads are normally so clinical and this one isn't.  Some of them even have marks from use. Well done Apple, this is exactly what you need to do.
If true, it's not good enough.  Apple are pushing thinness way too far ahead of usability.  Sure you can make it last 8 hours if you just use Safari, Mail, text, basic apps, music and video but anything with GPS kills the battery in no time.  Those "dating" apps that show people near you are a classic culprit.  You're lucky to get 2-3 hours battery life using those things.  Navigation and frequent use of Maps runs the battery down too, just when you likely need the phone...
 My head is still spinning from this, so thanks for your calm words of wisdom.  For me though Adobe is not an option.  I'm expecting Photos to serve 90% of my Aperture needs and for the plugins I use to be updated in time...otherwise I'll cling to Aperture.  I highly doubt there won't be a local storage option.  Apple simply seems to be enhancing/improving its cloud services to allow you to sync your library to the Cloud if you wish, a bit like iTunes match except it's not...
lol.  Poor old Russia.  Once wanted to be European.  Now nobody in Europe likes them anymore.  Even the former Soviet countries have turned on them.   What was that Eurovision song from Georgia that got banned..."We Don't Wanna Put In"...get it?   Anyway, strange angle for this article since the concept of "Eastern Bloc" ended a long time ago.  Prague is closer to London than it is to Russia I'm pretty sure?
 OK Mr Pedantic, let me rephrase:  I'm concerned Apple will use size as an excuse to close down audio out.
The iPhone needs to be thinner?  Seriously?  Apple are you not listening to customers who say they want significantly better battery life?   I have a bad feeling about this.  3.5 mm is by its nature an open standard.  I'm suspicious of Apple's intensions and that they might just be using "size" as an excuse, especially in the light of the whole Beats thing.   Apple has made it very difficult to get digital audio out of iDevices traditionally so I don't see this...
So the annual increments of 2% at less than inflation means effective pay cuts, eroding this pay rise over time?  Way to go Apple! /sarcasm.   The pay is probably ok if you're young or a student, as many Apple staff seem to be, but it's hardly good money for a career.  Even that manager pay is pretty crappy.  But then I don't expect Apple wants older and experienced staff, not even for their "genius" positions.  Any employer that doesn't recognise or value (pay) age and...
OS X Sonoma: The wino edition.
Ventura: all I can think of is a certain investigator of pet crimes...