or Connect

Posts by s.metcalf

I bet they have!  Like how hard sapphire is! 
Just great... C'mon Apple. I thought you were better than this!
 It's "art". It's a bit strange but you can't say it's not interesting.  I like it.  Better interesting and weird than boring and passé.  Jobs was an interesting and complex person. So kudos to management for not being too conservative on this for a change.
 You can achieve something like this using email rules.  Most email applications have pretty good rule management including Mail in OS X.  For instance you can set up a rule to only receive emails from people in your contact list and people you've emailed previously.  The problem is this isn't occurring at the server level.  You'd still be getting emails from others but would just be automatically deleting them or forwarding them to the trash. Some other services like the...
I already do this manually using an email service with sub-domain support.  It's very effective.  I provide a unique email address to every service I register and as soon as one gets compromised I simply block it.  Depending on the service I may even block the address proactively and only unblock it if or when I need to.   It's great that Apple are looking to take this approach on board at the server level and make it automatic and transparent to users.  A very...
 My I ask which country? I have no need to boycott these games.  I mean why the f would I be interested in such silly games like OCD ice sweeping and skiing off a huge jump for no good reason and doing flips in the air on skis (again for no good reason) and hurtling down a man-made ice tube in a coffin on skates...you guessed it...for no good reason?
 So far... 
I agree dacloo.  The Amiga was amazing.  Not to mention a games powerhouse beyond its years.  I and most of my friends had one.   It was only when Amiga died that I ended up with a Mac.  I think my parents viewed Mac OS as being closer to Amiga OS and therefore easier to transition and adapt.  Plus they had Macs where they worked.  Funny how things work out.
 I see your point.  When Steve came back he definitely needed to make a clean break from the products that almost killed the company. I think now it's long enough ago and Apple are confident and successful enough that they can permit themselves a bit of nostalgia?
The Mac Pro was great and served me well for 3 years but overall the rMBP is the best and most enjoyable Mac I've owned.  The combination of gorgeous screen, fast and silent SSD (a big one), extreme sexiness and portability and finally fast USB 3 puts it way out ahead of even my Mac Pro, which had a faster processor and graphics card.