or Connect

Posts by s.metcalf

Talk about update overdose!!!
 What's wrong with that grammar? (One of) The thing that bugs me with American English though is the propensity to drop the 'ly'. It's proper to say "they speak socially" not "they speak social"!That video looked entirely like a pitch for the Apple head of retail job.  It pretty much ticked all the boxes for what Apple wants with a healthy smattering of Apple products to boot.
It's pretty cool, in an industrial chic kind of way, but not that practical. Imagine how cold that thing is going to feel in Winter! I also worry about Ive's love affair with aluminium considering how environmentally expensive it is to produce. He should give part of the proceeds to clean energy research to support his ongoing use of the material! Hopefully it's made from recycled aluminium, maybe reborn from the death of a thousand Mac Pros!
I was looking forward to seeing what Ive would come up with and this is not what I was expecting!   My first impression is that I don't like it either.  I was expecting much more for something that's supposed to be a one off über-special edition that few people could ever afford!  He's succeeded in making it look friendly I suppose, but also cheap?  I'm not sure how well those top dials will function either.  They look to be slightly recessed.   I know Leica have made...
I couldn't agree more. I often see people with older Macs that are clearly still running the same major version of OS X that the computer came with. They're often completely unaware or it doesn't occur to them that they can buy an update that'll very likely improve performance significantly, even on older hardware. That or they can't see the point in paying anything considering their computer still works the way it did when they bought it and they don't want to risk...
As great as Mavericks will be, I'm already looking forward to 10.10 or X.X or X2 or Sea Goat or whatever it'll be called! It's time for OS X to get the iOS 7-style complete user interface overhaul. This doesn't mean it should look like iOS 7, though I am envisaging a flatter, more fluid and futuristic look that will complement retina-class displays across the entire lineup. Edit: I really love the translucent, white frosted glass backgrounds in iOS 7. I really hope...
It's hard to believe where we've come in just six short years, thanks to Apple!
Funny and (I'm guessing) true!I don't recall hearing about Jobs ever meeting financial morons like him. He cared more about the products and I doubt he had the slightest interest in or patience for Wall St or even lawyers and financial people within Apple unless they were working on something he wanted or of direct relevance to the products. Sadly I think this demonstrates just how different Cook is from Jobs and it worries me a little.What Jobs understood was that if...
Someone please explain to me why Cook would even give this guy the time or day (or night as the case may be)? He has a mediocre stake that can't control jack. I'm not sure how corporate law works in America but don't investors get a say when it comes to electing the board or directors? I'm not saying that's perfect but that's how I understand it to work. Or was it that he was the one that won the coffee with Cook auction and it turned into dinner with Tim? It's the...
I think most of us can agree that Apple's biggest threat is complacency at this point. As soon as they start to feel invinceable and try to milk the consumer with mediocre upgrades too often that's when they might have a really rude awakening come to them. I'm concerned that they're already becoming more complacent about consumers continuing to support every minor upgrade and that the pace and drive to innovate has slowed. Sure they've just released iOS 7 and announced...