or Connect

Posts by s.metcalf

As great as Mavericks will be, I'm already looking forward to 10.10 or X.X or X2 or Sea Goat or whatever it'll be called! It's time for OS X to get the iOS 7-style complete user interface overhaul. This doesn't mean it should look like iOS 7, though I am envisaging a flatter, more fluid and futuristic look that will complement retina-class displays across the entire lineup. Edit: I really love the translucent, white frosted glass backgrounds in iOS 7. I really hope...
It's hard to believe where we've come in just six short years, thanks to Apple!
Funny and (I'm guessing) true!I don't recall hearing about Jobs ever meeting financial morons like him. He cared more about the products and I doubt he had the slightest interest in or patience for Wall St or even lawyers and financial people within Apple unless they were working on something he wanted or of direct relevance to the products. Sadly I think this demonstrates just how different Cook is from Jobs and it worries me a little.What Jobs understood was that if...
Someone please explain to me why Cook would even give this guy the time or day (or night as the case may be)? He has a mediocre stake that can't control jack. I'm not sure how corporate law works in America but don't investors get a say when it comes to electing the board or directors? I'm not saying that's perfect but that's how I understand it to work. Or was it that he was the one that won the coffee with Cook auction and it turned into dinner with Tim? It's the...
I think most of us can agree that Apple's biggest threat is complacency at this point. As soon as they start to feel invinceable and try to milk the consumer with mediocre upgrades too often that's when they might have a really rude awakening come to them. I'm concerned that they're already becoming more complacent about consumers continuing to support every minor upgrade and that the pace and drive to innovate has slowed. Sure they've just released iOS 7 and announced...
So let me get this straight... Apple sold about 9 million phones in the opening weekend, which is about the same number of phones sold in the opening weekend last year if you include the discounted previous year's model, which is pretty much exactly what the 5c is, except this time they're claiming the previous year's model as a new phone. Of this 9 million probably about 5.5 million are 5s sales, again only slightly higher than last year's 5 million iPhone 5 sales. But...
So they have up to 48 hours from lifting a fingerprint of sufficiently high quality to produce the fake finger pad and they would need some fairly high tech equipment and materials by the sounds of things... That's pretty difficult. It's far easier to discretely watch or record (with hidden cameras) someone unlocking their device with a pass code or password so this technology is probably more secure than that. Apple said that up to 50% of people don't use a pass code...
Yeah bring on 10.9...
I agree, people are nervous and trust in government is probably at an all time low or if not close to it. Fingerprint sensing is all of a sudden a bad look for Apple. The timing couldn't be worse.
In the light of the whole NSA Prism saga, does anyone now have concerns about a device that captures literally everything we say and everywhere we go and now with a fingerprint sensor to personally identify you? Just saying...