or Connect

Posts by s.metcalf

It makes my head hurt that advertises make so much money when they arguably make no contribution to society, but scientists get paid so little...
Too funny. Almost as funny as Microsoft choosing to replicate an error in the date function from Lotus because they decided compatibility was more important than accuracy and this error persists to this day... Found this out when converting between Excel and Numbers. Numbers gets it right. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214326
Or Sketch!
I'm not criticising Apple for starting again from scratch and ensuring feature parity with iCloud and iOS as a top priority...these are great things for which they should be commended, but... If you're going to put out a clearly unfinished product be open and honest about that and don't try to pass it off as an upgrade until it's ready! Call it a beta and people will be much more forgiving and probably even more willing to help in the development process by way of...
Is it even established if the proceeds of the sale go completely to Product Red? One would assume so but you never know. Sadly I think the Product(Red) charity is more about hijacking good will from customers for the benefit of the businesses concerned. The same thing happens for loads of other charities that partner with brands. A tiny proportion of the cost of the item goes to the charity which is then mostly eaten up by overheads, staff, promotion and brand...
Talk about update overdose!!!
 What's wrong with that grammar? (One of) The thing that bugs me with American English though is the propensity to drop the 'ly'. It's proper to say "they speak socially" not "they speak social"!That video looked entirely like a pitch for the Apple head of retail job.  It pretty much ticked all the boxes for what Apple wants with a healthy smattering of Apple products to boot.
It's pretty cool, in an industrial chic kind of way, but not that practical. Imagine how cold that thing is going to feel in Winter! I also worry about Ive's love affair with aluminium considering how environmentally expensive it is to produce. He should give part of the proceeds to clean energy research to support his ongoing use of the material! Hopefully it's made from recycled aluminium, maybe reborn from the death of a thousand Mac Pros!
I was looking forward to seeing what Ive would come up with and this is not what I was expecting!   My first impression is that I don't like it either.  I was expecting much more for something that's supposed to be a one off über-special edition that few people could ever afford!  He's succeeded in making it look friendly I suppose, but also cheap?  I'm not sure how well those top dials will function either.  They look to be slightly recessed.   I know Leica have made...
I couldn't agree more. I often see people with older Macs that are clearly still running the same major version of OS X that the computer came with. They're often completely unaware or it doesn't occur to them that they can buy an update that'll very likely improve performance significantly, even on older hardware. That or they can't see the point in paying anything considering their computer still works the way it did when they bought it and they don't want to risk...