or Connect

Posts by s.metcalf

I have a feeling the shit is going to go down in a really big way with all these providers very soon, even more so than it has already. Remember Snowden appears to have anything and everything of sensitivity from NSA and he's choosing to release it bit by bit for maximum impact and to catch the government and tech companies out even more. This could go on for years and I for one am glad that an American hero emerged to expose the Five Eyes governments for doing in 2013...
 Except it makes total sense to have more than one PCI-E SSD slot if it can fit in the existing chassis. Given the existing SSD is put in front of one of the GPU boards and two two boards are the same GPUs I see no insurmountable reason why Apple couldn't have given users another slot in front of the other GPU.  Going from four internal drive bays (plus multiple internal PCI slots) to one internal SSD storage slot is by far the biggest limitation in the new design. Yes the...
Yeah but...games!  Talk about fun police!  Who would say you can have an app store but you're not allowed to play solitaire?  Seriously?
Bullmer was clueless but I still find Gates more irritating.
Yeah I'm clearly in the wrong game. No money in science or disaster impact assessment (in Australia anyway).Must try to think of a startup and monetise it.
"However, the analyst doesn't expect that Apple will release a television set in the near future. If the company were to develop and sell its own TV set, such a device is "unlikely" to be released in 2014, he believes." Could this be the first time an 'analyst' is right about anything???
It makes my head hurt that advertises make so much money when they arguably make no contribution to society, but scientists get paid so little...
Too funny. Almost as funny as Microsoft choosing to replicate an error in the date function from Lotus because they decided compatibility was more important than accuracy and this error persists to this day... Found this out when converting between Excel and Numbers. Numbers gets it right. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214326
Or Sketch!
I'm not criticising Apple for starting again from scratch and ensuring feature parity with iCloud and iOS as a top priority...these are great things for which they should be commended, but... If you're going to put out a clearly unfinished product be open and honest about that and don't try to pass it off as an upgrade until it's ready! Call it a beta and people will be much more forgiving and probably even more willing to help in the development process by way of...