or Connect

Posts by s.metcalf

Yeah but...games!  Talk about fun police!  Who would say you can have an app store but you're not allowed to play solitaire?  Seriously?
Bullmer was clueless but I still find Gates more irritating.
Yeah I'm clearly in the wrong game. No money in science or disaster impact assessment (in Australia anyway).Must try to think of a startup and monetise it.
"However, the analyst doesn't expect that Apple will release a television set in the near future. If the company were to develop and sell its own TV set, such a device is "unlikely" to be released in 2014, he believes." Could this be the first time an 'analyst' is right about anything???
It makes my head hurt that advertises make so much money when they arguably make no contribution to society, but scientists get paid so little...
Too funny. Almost as funny as Microsoft choosing to replicate an error in the date function from Lotus because they decided compatibility was more important than accuracy and this error persists to this day... Found this out when converting between Excel and Numbers. Numbers gets it right. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214326
Or Sketch!
I'm not criticising Apple for starting again from scratch and ensuring feature parity with iCloud and iOS as a top priority...these are great things for which they should be commended, but... If you're going to put out a clearly unfinished product be open and honest about that and don't try to pass it off as an upgrade until it's ready! Call it a beta and people will be much more forgiving and probably even more willing to help in the development process by way of...
Is it even established if the proceeds of the sale go completely to Product Red? One would assume so but you never know. Sadly I think the Product(Red) charity is more about hijacking good will from customers for the benefit of the businesses concerned. The same thing happens for loads of other charities that partner with brands. A tiny proportion of the cost of the item goes to the charity which is then mostly eaten up by overheads, staff, promotion and brand...
Talk about update overdose!!!