or Connect

Posts by s.metcalf

Haha, I love how this has become a countdown/how's your battery health thread.... 5:23 to go!
You sure there isn't something wrong with it? Mine has 253 cycles and 87% health...
Just made my own "working" widget in Dashcode...I think the problem has been inability to recognise time zones without making it grab the time from a time server.
Mine says 23 hours...it is actually 36 hours and 10 minutes. What kind of monkeys are making these widgets...???
In that case...be prepared to suffer the "first edition blues" as the unforeseen issues in their design process come to surface!
sorry for double post
Putting a laptop sized hard drive in the mini was the biggest mistake. This limited its overall storage capacity. If you want external storage though, why buy a mini when you can buy an external hard drive (network drive or hook it up to AirPort extreme) with tripple the capacity for half the price? The mini was never an attractive computer given that the iMac represented a better value package. If you wanted to buy a 20" or 23" display, it was really too underpowered...
Putting a laptop sized hard drive in the mini was the biggest mistake. This limited its overall storage capacity. If you want external storage though, why buy a mini when you can buy an external hard drive (network drive or hook it up to AirPort extreme) with tripple the capacity for half the price? The mini was never an attractive computer except given that the iMac represented a better value package. If you wanted to buy a 20" or 23" display, it was really too...
Who plans to get in early and install the Leopard Beta? I for one can't wait much longer to try it out, and I need to erase-and install anyway to merge some partitions. It's easy to register as a developer with Apple and if you can't get it through them I'm sure the beta will be torrented. Anyone else planning this?
Firefox is a bit slow to launch, but its privacy and security features are great and with plugins like AdBlock Plus and NoScript I finally have control over what my browser actually downloads. My advice...just launch FF at startup and leave it open for faster browsing.