or Connect

Posts by s.metcalf

Well no one seems to be able to offer any help on my conundrum. My latest thoughts are this: The audio driver is the same as that from 10.4.3-10.4.8 but because I installed the 10.4.10 combined updater from 10.4.3, for some reason it's missing the audio fix that occurred in the 10.4.9 update? Seems unlikely but it's the only possible explanation I can think of as to why my audio is still so quiet. Does anyone know of where in Mac OS X the audio drivers are stored and if...
1. Call your nearest Apple Centre/reseller and they may let you install it on-site if you take your machine in. 2. Find a cheap copy on eBay 3. Download
ARGGHHH I want my system volume back!!!
I recently went through the process of reinstalling Tiger from scratch, however I've experienced a loss of volume from my MacBook Pro speakers. The volume is so reduced that I can barely hear my system beep until the volume is at least a quarter max and even at half the maximum you'd have trouble hearing it from across the room. This is contrast to the very loud speakers I experienced with 10.4.10 (after they restored sound volume in 10.4.9) before the reinstall. What...
Woah, don't give up that was way cool!
That's a clone???? Holy crap! Why don't they just buy a Mac if they're that obsessed with Leopard
I also thought their choice of a green/grass wallpaper was deliberate because: 1. People like green...it's the most popular shuffle colour apparentl 2. Perhaps subtle reference to Apple's new "green" ethos 3. Not boring...shows off the screens better.
The menu bar transparency makes it less dominant and moves it out of focus slightly...which is a good thing but there better be transparency controls (hacked or otherwise). Should also help prevent burn-in for non LED displays (not a huge issue but noticeable on old LCD displays).
200th post!!! 4:32
my bad