or Connect

Posts by s.metcalf

We paid for iLife when we bought the computer. If we then buy a future OS and clean install it, we should still have the right to install the iLife applications that we bought on the original install discs. I found that it was possible to re-install iDVD, iPhoto and GarageBand but it is missing iMovie. I think this is more a mistake/oversight on Apple's part. I am forced to download iMovie through P2P because Apple is not making it available to install from the...
Hey there, I just sold my iMac G5 and I went through the process of erase and install of Tiger and bringing it up to date. I then tried to install iLife from the original install/restore discs that came with the machine and although it installed iPhoto, iDVD and GarageBand there was no iMovie option! The guy that bought my computer specifically wants to do some video editing. Does anyone know where the installer is and why there is no option to install it? Seems...
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search The IPOD generation stands for Insecure, Pressured, Over-taxed, and Debt-ridden. The term was first used in the Reform report 'The Class of 2005 - the IPOD generation', written by Professor Nick Bosanquet and Blair Gibbs. Due to diminishing returns for higher education, high-levels of taxation, and a demographic shift in welfare arrangements which will place ever greater burdens on the young, people...
This is a question I've thought much about and from what I've read I'd say definitely yes, life for the average person was cheaper and easier than it is now, and it's getting worse. This runs contrary to what the popular opinion in recent times has been. If you go back to the 50s it wasn't uncommon (or even standard) for only one partner to have to work while the other one stayed home and worked on household duties and raising children. Nowadays every social study is...
Like Europe, NO ONE in Australia uses AIM. By far the majority use MSN, with other minor contenders being Yahoo and Skype. The AOL branding does not work outside of America, because the rest of the world doesn't see itself as part of America (as strange as that may sound to some Americans). Simple as that. I ditched MSN a while ago and I'm so glad I did. I use Yahoo and it's actually the best client I've seen on OS X, very stable with great video support. If you ask...
I think you''re confusing GPS (Global Positioning System) with GIS (Geographic Information System). I don't think whomever wrote the article has a good understanding between the two. First off, I can't see how installing GPS receivers in Macs will enable tracking of stolen machines...they work indoors primarily and GPS receivers usually don't work indoors because the GPS signal is weak and is easily blocked without direct line of sight to the satelites. Secondly, I'm a...
The 256 Mb graphics card will allow you to power a 30" CD and give you better high end 3D graphics performance.Lower yes, but "much" lower? Does anyone have the evidence to back this up? I'm not saying it's not a better processor but I have the Core 1 Duo and while it can get "very warm" to the touch, I've never found it to be too much of a problem. For routine use the CPU usually hovers around the 60 degree mark (heatsinks 40-45 degrees)...which is actually pretty...
There isn't anywhere in the CBD where Apple can build a 3-story glass cube! The pictures look great! Shame it's probably a few years before opening. Did anyone pick up on the "666 car spaces"! I wonder if Apple had anything to do with that...
Why bother doing that now? Wait for Leopard before going through the hassle of a complete backup/fresh install!
My MacBook Pro has the 100 Gb 7200 drive and load times are really quick. I would definitely go speed over size.