or Connect

Posts by s.metcalf

Not true, the MacBook Pro can support a 23-inch Apple Cinema Display, though you need the 256 Mb X1600 to run the 30". I have not seen any high-def television or projector come close to running at that resolution however, so you should be fine with the 128 Mb. However, if you anticipate getting a 30" CD go with the higher video RAM. As for getting a MacBook over MacBook Pro there are loads of discussions on it but I'd suggest several reasons for getting the MacBook Pro:...
LC 630 - something slow B&W G3 - 350 MHz Cube G4 - 400 MHz 15" iMac G4 - 800 MHz 12" PowerBook G4 - 1.25 GHz 17" iMac G5 - 1.8 GHz 17" MacBook Pro - 2 x 2.16 GHz
Don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but Graphic Converterhttp://www.lemkesoft.com/xd/public/c...lkPTE5Mw_.html can't be forgotten! This is often quicker and easier to use for small image editing/conversion tasks than Photoshop and it's a hell of a lot cheaper at 25 euros. I recently discovered Rapidweaver http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/ . This is an awesome web-page creator with really nice themes built in. Very easy to use. Still a bit basic but...
Thanks for that. I actually ended up downloading it in the end
Here's hoping 802.11n APE cards are just around the corner \
The receipt is not the package installer. As far as I'm aware there is no package installer for iMovie on my original iMac G5 Panther Install/Restore CDs. I have tried searching using Terminal in the hidden Packages folder. Guess I'll have to download it from Bittorrent or something! Seems really odd that it's not there.
Seems like Apple is a bit slow updating their Airport Extreme wireless card for 802.11n compatability. My housemate has ordered a new base station and I just missed the boat on getting 802.11n in my MacBook Pro Core (1) Duo.
We paid for iLife when we bought the computer. If we then buy a future OS and clean install it, we should still have the right to install the iLife applications that we bought on the original install discs. I found that it was possible to re-install iDVD, iPhoto and GarageBand but it is missing iMovie. I think this is more a mistake/oversight on Apple's part. I am forced to download iMovie through P2P because Apple is not making it available to install from the...
Hey there, I just sold my iMac G5 and I went through the process of erase and install of Tiger and bringing it up to date. I then tried to install iLife from the original install/restore discs that came with the machine and although it installed iPhoto, iDVD and GarageBand there was no iMovie option! The guy that bought my computer specifically wants to do some video editing. Does anyone know where the installer is and why there is no option to install it? Seems...
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search The IPOD generation stands for Insecure, Pressured, Over-taxed, and Debt-ridden. The term was first used in the Reform report 'The Class of 2005 - the IPOD generation', written by Professor Nick Bosanquet and Blair Gibbs. Due to diminishing returns for higher education, high-levels of taxation, and a demographic shift in welfare arrangements which will place ever greater burdens on the young, people...