or Connect

Posts by s.metcalf

I'm aware the iTMS only sells 128kbps, my point stands regarding 256kpbs. I replied to a previous poster about lossy formats being bad quality.
THOUSAND OR SO!!! :-O That's several a day!!! Dude you are seriously into music!!!!
No problems on my iMac G5 first ed. A couple of widgets not displaying properly is only thing I noticed...they will soon be updated I'm sure
I'd like to meet someone that can consistently identifiy an AAC 256kbps from it's uncompressed counterpart...I'd also like to own a $5,000+ audio system which would be required to tell the difference!!
Blue Dalmation is my all time favourite...that was so retro cool and cute!!! I concur that the new iMacs will continue to slim and hopefully lose some of its chin eventually, but I agree they should maintain full-sized hard-drive and memory componants!!! Bring on a black iMac!!!
Wouldn't you think it's a very US-centric curiculum that is most to blame for low test scores?
Doesn't the iMac only "officially" support mirroring and not spanning. You have to enact a firmware hack to support spanning I thought????
I found the Pages demo included in the Tiger upgrade to be very slow. As much as I hate to say it, MS Office is the most mature and versatile package, even though it has many annoying bugs and limitations. Without a spreadsheet and scripting language, iWork is no competitor to MS Office yet. The good thing is that if you get Office you won't need to upgrade because MS haven't incorporated any significant new features in years (all the while telling people they should...
I've owned a 12" PB but only because I couldn't afford the 15"! An increase to 13.3" widescreen is definitely a good idea!!
The MacBook Pro looks like a great machine, but if you're worried about money and don't need the portability the new Intel iMacs will give you the same (or better) power for a lot less. I'd get the MacBook if I could afford it though!!! :-(