or Connect

Posts by s.metcalf

That's because the Apple supplied earbuds are relatively lame. Listen to your music on any decent pair of headphones or a hi-fi system and you should be able to pick the difference...the music just doesn't sound as rich or full. This may not matter to you but if you're an audiophile it matters a lot!
Very true, I would consider buying more music online if it was at least 256kpbs because this is what I rip all my CDs to, if the music was lossless I would really be tempted to buy a whole lot more online. The reality is you can download lossless versions of albums with no DRM for free so why would you pay for a sub-standard product?
The quote of 240 songs is based on 128kbps AAC and an average 4 minute song length, so yes you would need to reduce the bit rate of your music to fit more songs on (obviously this would reduce quality also). It may also be you have longer songs, such as remixes or live versions which tend to be longer.
Good to hear!! My first ed iMac G5s display is far too dim! You could always increase the lighting in the room if you find it too bright?
Why not simply trash the OS9 system folder and Applications Folder? How more simple can you get than that? (While in OS X of course). Subsequently it won't be able to find an OS 9 system folder to boot into. You can always use the partition to store other files?
Given such a small form factor for the new Shuffle, do you think it's possible they'll be able to move to 2Gb storage in the same size?
I agree, but it's just their way of trying to build hype about a new product...Apple are very good at hyping their products.
I don't think Apple believes they can afford to sit on their arses, even if MS didn't take on the iPod. They have been constantly refining/updating the iPod since day 1.
I notice that the iPod shuffles don't play Apple Lossless format...this makes sense given the capacity of the shuffle and the fact that you wouldn't fit many lossless songs on there...(though it does play AIFF!!??)...but what I want to know is how does the new Shuffle handle Lossless files in iTunes...does it convert them automatically on the fly when syncing with iTunes or do you have to manually convert lossless files to AAC or otherwise in order for them to play. A lot...
Interesting...Steve clearly said in the Keynote that they would come with the new earbuds! I will definitely make sure they do before I purchase one.