or Connect

Posts by s.metcalf

Windows Server is very immature too, in fact every Microsoft OS is because they're all shit from the ground up. Yet IT managers still shell out $800 for each license when superior alternatives are available for free. Any administrator that buys Microsoft should hang their head in shame. Microsoft sell themselves on compatibility and existing tools and software but building reliance on this closed source corporation is worse in the long run in comparison to building your...
The eternal debate... Except that it's proven that high tax countries have higher quality of life and better social indicators and lower disparity. What you seem to be arguing is that the richer a company or individual is, the lower the rate of tax they should have to pay, in fact effectively no tax. Correct me if I'm wrong but this capitalist nonsense is all about protecting those that have money and allowing the richer to get richer and common folk to bear the brunt...
Because I pay between 30% and 40% tax on what I earn and then another 10% on virtually everything I buy so why should corporations be able to pay 2% and not even to the country in which they're doing business? That seems pretty unfair. It's not just corporations but wealthy individuals that find loopholes to get away with paying so little.It tends to be publicly traded companies that do this because the owners can take the profits while absolving themselves of all legal...
I'll agree that Apple have done nothing illegal and that our politicians have failed. They've let big multinationals get away with this for far too long. But...You call a tax rate of less than 2% enough??? I saw one report that said it was even lower than that!Also, is it fair that Apple and other multinationals divert sales and profits from products sold to other countries so they can pay much lower taxes? That's exactly what Apple are doing. Whenever you order...
Given the state of the Irish economy I'm surprised Ireland is continuing to allow virtually tax-free status to corporations while its citizens undergo extreme austerity measures.  It seems like Ireland should be pursuing all of these visiting corporations for more tax.   It also seems to me that since Apple effectively imports all its products, they should at least be slugged an import or sales tax on each product sold, currently equivalent to 10 % in Australia.  Why...
  Yeah I completely agree.  It's why I still buy Apple products and not only do I enjoy them but I always get a good resale price.  Apple still offers by far the best value.  You just have to put up a bit more up front.   However, not knowing Apple's plans I sometimes think, with a forever mounting cash hoard, they can sometimes do a bit more or give a bit more back to consumers.  Goodness knows I've bought enough from them over the years and I haven't always been...
Apple needs to be careful or it risks being seen as greedy with a subsequent consumer backlash.  Consumers may well ask why they're continuing to pay margins that are significantly greater than those required for the long-term viability of the platform.  Greedy profiteering doesn't tend to go down too well with the public.   While it's true that Apple's gains have been related to its success in increasing revenues, volumes and market share, it's also widely regarded...
As someone that's unlucky enough to have Windows 8 on my Mac I can report that it is indeed a complete basket case of an operating system with severe multi-personality disorder. What I don't understand is why Microshite seems intent on pushing regular desktop users towards using the woeful "Metro" apps. Even their own examples make Vista look stunning.
What are all the Android users doing if they're not downloading apps on Google Play or browsing the web (web usage data)? Just using their phone and SMS? Then why not buy a dumb phone? Or is it that the browsing and app offerings are so sucky that people don't do it as much as on iPhone?