or Connect

Posts by s.metcalf

It's a given that the ideas behind iPhone 5 and 5S were planned when Steve was alive, this doesn't mean every conceivable technical was finalised or set in stone for these models! Blind Freddy can already see what the 5S will bring as all the S models before have done. I think the iPhone 6 will be the first design for which Steve had little input or at the most only vague predictions. Unfortunately, we have to wait for the iPhone 6 to see the direction that Tim wants to...
Great editorial and comments... What's clear from the picture and looking at my 2010 Mac Pro is how good it still looks for a 10 year-old design! It's hardly aged at all and no other desktop manufacture has built anything that comes close in design aesthetics, elegance and build quality. It's a real testament to Ive and Apple's industrial design magic. Personally I'd be happy if they kept the current design but finally gave us the updated Xeons, IO technology and...
Charity aside, I can't think of any logical reason to spend anything to speak with Tim Cook. I wouldn't even pay $100. I don't know what these people expect to be getting out of it. Clearly they expect to get something because why else would they be bidding on this auction and not simply giving money directly to the charity in question, either anonymously or not? The only (illogical) reason I can think of is gloating rights, but even that's a stretch because who in their...
No! So much better and with taste and class unlike Windows metro! I'm unfortunate enough to have Windows 8 in Boot Camp so I should know...
Seriously, is Papermaster his real name? I've never heard of anyone else with that name in my life...though to be fair Jobs is also a bit unusual. It just sounds made up and so try hard, kind of like the way lawyers often seem to have names that make them sound strong or innovative or intelligent. I would love to know who and where that name was invented.
+100000I too find it's always those who have no experience or understanding to be the ones most likely to pass judgement and condemn others for not knowing better, no matter what the issue.The internet provides a forum for psychopaths and bullies to spout their selfishness anonymously. They do it also to provoke reactions from people because of a mental illness that means they like to see others getting upset.Having worked with psychopaths, I came to recognise "trolling"...
I'm pretty sure they can't. The issue is to do with Apple's iOS security and purchasing requirements.
You're aware you could've returned it right???Mountain Lion is great. No performance issues here. The only thing I tend to notice is the disk read speed after a reboot (no SSD here) . OS X memory management is quite good though so this becomes a non issue after everything's loaded. I've been waiting for 1 TB SSDs that don't require me to sell a kidney.I don't have one, but since the MBPs went quad-core I imagine performance improved dramatically. A lot of people say...
Yeah right! Who believes for a second that they didn't access the phone before applying for and being granted a warrant to do so??Having worked for an emergency service before I know exactly the kind of culture that exists. They think they're above the law and who polices the police anyway?
Well liney, Tim did promise one this year.   As with most financial analysts, I reckon random predictions would do better than this guy's effort!   His predictions look very Q3 heavy.  Apple tends to spread out its releases over the course of the year, with a bit of a surge in the June to September period.  I expect newer iPads before September, and he's got them clearly separated but it's obvious they will be updated together...ditto iPhones!   Also why does...