or Connect

Posts by s.metcalf

I can smell the stench of flop from here...
These are great questions and answers, thanks.So a wireless storage solution is pretty much ruled out for the previewed Mac Pro... That leaves pretty much Thunderbolt as the only option. Is Thunderbolt 2 faster than the SATA I have in my 2010 Mac Pro? I'm guessing it is. But if I don't want a Thunderbolt drive or drives sitting on my desk so I guess I'll have to run long Thunderbolt cables...Suddenly my Mac Pro with its 4 drive bays and PCI slots is looking a little...
    I want mine to shoot lasers out of its hole when it gets excited...(CPU load increases)   That and a touch sensitive power button from the Cube please...
The more I think about it, there more I like it and want it!  It's a damn sexy and powerful computer.  I think this should satisfy all those that have been demanding an xMac for so many years (since the G4 cube).   However I probably won't be able to upgrade for another year or so because in addition to the new Mac Pro I'll have to buy an 802.11ac Airport Extreme and some high performance external storage to connect wirelessly, so it'll be quite an...
Have to say that the home screen looks cheap, tacky and very childish. Way too much fluorescent and pastel colour going on. Some of the developments are good but I'd prefer something more restrained and sophisticated. Maybe it would look better with a dark background. If Apple wants an examples of what people want in their UI they should just check out screenshots on Deviantart. The new weather app looked the best.
Looks like internal storage is also a victim here.  Not sure if traditional pros that might also use PCI cards will be happy.  At least it has the performance and latest chips!
Windows Server is very immature too, in fact every Microsoft OS is because they're all shit from the ground up. Yet IT managers still shell out $800 for each license when superior alternatives are available for free. Any administrator that buys Microsoft should hang their head in shame. Microsoft sell themselves on compatibility and existing tools and software but building reliance on this closed source corporation is worse in the long run in comparison to building your...
The eternal debate... Except that it's proven that high tax countries have higher quality of life and better social indicators and lower disparity. What you seem to be arguing is that the richer a company or individual is, the lower the rate of tax they should have to pay, in fact effectively no tax. Correct me if I'm wrong but this capitalist nonsense is all about protecting those that have money and allowing the richer to get richer and common folk to bear the brunt...
Because I pay between 30% and 40% tax on what I earn and then another 10% on virtually everything I buy so why should corporations be able to pay 2% and not even to the country in which they're doing business? That seems pretty unfair. It's not just corporations but wealthy individuals that find loopholes to get away with paying so little.It tends to be publicly traded companies that do this because the owners can take the profits while absolving themselves of all legal...
I'll agree that Apple have done nothing illegal and that our politicians have failed. They've let big multinationals get away with this for far too long. But...You call a tax rate of less than 2% enough??? I saw one report that said it was even lower than that!Also, is it fair that Apple and other multinationals divert sales and profits from products sold to other countries so they can pay much lower taxes? That's exactly what Apple are doing. Whenever you order...