or Connect

Posts by rjbruce

Feb 20th is the consumer launch date. Most computer manufacturers get their chipsets beforehand.
Fixed!!
Just skimmed patent 6,263,507 (56-pages!!) and it's geared toward browsers vs a device. It goes as far as to use the term "news browser" which could be a suit against any company that produces a modern browser. I get where what the patent is talking about was novel for 1996, but not being a lawyer myself, I would think there would be something about the "natural evolution" especially when you look at technology. Then again look how long it takes for amendments to catch...
ATV is about adding a revenue stream to iTunes. The only way you could argue it's to "enhance the consumer experience" is the work Apple put into revamping ATV for v2, and in the end that was to put more devices to consumers. The reason for the price point and the addition of Netflix is to sell devices. Devices that are tied to iTunes. If I check my crystal ball, I see iAds integration with network content and genius recommendations for shows based on viewing habits. ...
I agree that the user experience is seriously flawed but what is the real downfall is the networks blocking the content. If it's UI thats the problem, you get a small market of geeks who will purchase it, play with it, and in the end drive innovations to the product. If you can't get content then who does this appeal to at $300 (or less with discount)?? I was really interested in how well it was received, it looked a bit awkward and the price kept me from picking one up...