or Connect

Posts by Cory Bauer

Or, you know, they could just keep building the current model as-is and sell it at a lower price point - adding the retina display model at a higher tier when it's ready. 
Why does this product exist? As opposed to a 13" MacBook Air with Retina Display? They've eliminated nearly everything that differentiated the 13" Pro from the Air. Case in point: $1,299 13" MacBook Air, 1.8Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 4000 $1,699 13" MacBook Pro, 2.5Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 4000 The $400 extra gets you another 1400Mhz, the retina display, and that's it. Compare that to the 15" model, where the $400 premium over the...
  Are you telling me 35% of consumers don't know what an iPad is and who makes it? What dark bottomless cave are these people living in?
I really don't feel that the situation is all that complicated to solve. Ideally, Mission Control would allow you to drag/drop running apps on to the screen you what them to operate on in full-screen. This would allow you to have a full screen app on one display, and another full screen app on the other (or alternatively, the desktop where apps would run normally). When using the gestures to swipe between fullscreen apps, the gesture would work on whichever screen your...
I don't understand your statement. If I'm paying AT&T $30/mo for 3GB of data, and they start to also charge me for the luxury of using data for specific applications, that is an additional charge. FaceTime data use should come out of that 3GB I'm already paying for just like everything else; if I use more than 3GB, THEN they can charge me more.
So, if iMac supplies are drying up, there's no way the updated model won't arrive until October like always-wrong Digitimes claimed earlier this week, right?
If Apple does come to market with an HDTV, I'd love to see them tackle the surround sound system at the same time; it'd be really interesting to see what they'd do to help simplify that process. Plus, it'd be nice for them to acknowledge that a good movie experience requires surround sound and dedicated speakers, instead of pretending like the laptop speakers stuck in the back of the television are anything but worthless.
Wow, that was incredibly dumb. The price of the MacBook Pro with Retina Display reflects the standard SSD storage. If you configure the $1,799 Legacy MacBook Pro to include a 256GB SSD and 8GB of RAM (both standard on the retina model), it actually costs $200 more than the $2,199 retina model. You're getting the retina display and extra 512GB of VRAM in the retina model essentially for free. This guy seems to be completely oblivious to the fact that SSD is still damn...
As a professional who once owned a 17" MacBook Pro, I found the machine's extra 2" of screen really didn't make it feel any less constrained. For real work, a 24" screen or larger is still necessary, so the added size and weight of the 17" model just didn't pay off. I moved back to a 15" model (coupled with an external display) the next time I needed a new computer and would have never gone back. And I know I'm not the only person that felt this way.
Myself as well. Wifi reception on my new iPad is drastically better than anything I got on my original 1st generation iPad.