or Connect

Posts by Cory Bauer

This is precisely what I've been saying. And $299 for an 8GB iPad 2 doesn't seem unrealistic if the new $499 iPad 3 packs twice the storage, twice the processors and twice the resolution.Unfortunately for Apple the Kindle Fire and the Playbooks/TouchPads being fire-saled may have diminished the perceived value of what a tablet device should cost. I don't believe Apple can afford to spend another year with their budget iPad priced at $499. People may start settling for...
People aren't buying the Fire because they prefer it over an iPad; they're buying the Fire because they can't justify spending $499 on a tablet because as much as they want one, so much of what it does is redundant with devices they already own. The Kindle Fire's price also puts it in the gift-giving price range; $200 is likely the average gift expenditure for middle-class families. Only the rich give $500 gifts. A $300 iPad would make it obtainable/justifiable for many...
Right. The Kindle Fire is a real contender for market share, even if Amazon actually loses money on every one sold. If the iPad 3 packs a quad-core A6, Retina Display and 16GB of storage for $499, then $200 less seems like the right price for an iPad 2 with all of those specs cut in half.
Because they'll soon have a new model to fill that $499 to $829 tablet category. There are people who are deciding that at $199, the Kindle Fire (or some other tablet sold on clearance) is "good enough" and that a $499 iPad is more tablet than they would ever need. If Apple wants to maintain its dominant hold on the tablet market, parking an 8GB iPad 2 at the $299 price point would lure most if not all of those Kindle Fire buyers. Who's going to buy a 7" Fire for $199 when...
I suggested the iPad 2 should sell at $299-$349 in 2012, below an iPad 3; you said that made no sense because people are paying $499 for them today. Which implies that they should simply continue to sell the iPad 2 at the current price so long as people buy them. Follow that train of thought back a year, and your same argument could have been made against releasing the iPad 2 and discounting the remaining stock of original iPad's to $349. So long as people will pay the...
By your logic, iPad 2 should have never been released; Apple should have just continued to sell the original iPad for $499 indefinitely With iCloud housing your music and tv shows, what can't you do with an 8GB tablet?
Paying $500 or more for a tablet seems like an outdated pricing structure by today's standards, where Kindle Fire's sell for $199 and Palm and Blackberry tablets are being fire-saled left and right for $99. I think it's time for a $299-$349 iPad 2 carry-over, with the $499 model living on as a quad-core beast with retina display. They can't keep asking $499 for the iPad 2 in 2012.Regarding the article, if they do keep the iPad 2 around at discounted pricing, I imagine it'd...
How do you know it isn't ready? Or that it hasn't been ready for six months?
Step one: buy a Panasonic plasma and set it to THX mode. Step two: don't plug anything into it and stare at the empty screen in content. Step three: there is no step three! The notion that you'd have to plug nothing into an Apple-branded television because they would provide all of the content you could ever want is absurd. The idea that an Apple-branded television would have superior picture and sound is equally absurd; Apple would be limited to the same display...
You also shouldn't drive, because it's like going around town with $25,000 in a briefcase, just asking to be car-jacked. Shame on you.