or Connect

Posts by Cory Bauer

Pawn Shops I understand, but barbershops and supermarkets? How do those fall under the category of:I suspect there were a handful of pawn shop workers in those 141 arrests, but the majority were minimum-wage stock boys at grocery stores who thought they were getting a sweet deal on an iPad or iPhone. Arresting them does nothing to diminish the number of places where stolen goods can be sold, because these are not places where iPads and iPhones are sold. These people would...
I've yet to hear a single feature of the supposed iTV that couldn't be achieved with an upgraded Apple TV box. Which begs the question; why would Apple try and sell you an Apple TV buried in a screen for two grand when they would have better luck continuing to sell a $99 box that connects to the tv you already own? What if anything does Apple have to offer for the tv itself? What's going to make a $2,000 Apple-branded television any better than a $900 Panasonic Plasma...
In other words, the MacBook Pro accounts for 78% of Apple's notebook sales. Let's hope they do not forget this before they start killing features left and right to make the Pro thin like the Air. The Air's number one feature is its price, especially since Apple killed the white MacBook. If everybody wanted a featureless laptop then edge Air's would have sold well when they were $1,799.
The only flaw with that theory is that buyer's of the Amazon Fire who are too cheap to buy an iPad will have never used an iPad extensively and thusly won't realize that the Fire's experience is comparatively poor. Just as people bought up Windows PCs in the 90's in droves, despite being a poor imitation of the Mac, people may buy out of sheer ignorance or favoring cheap over quality.This is very true and I truly hope Apple isn't too full of themselves to not use this...
My solution to the 5400RPM dilemma is to no longer buy laptops; my current MacBook Pro rarely ever leaves the desk since the introduction of the iPad, so it's back to an iMac for me the next time I'm due to upgrade.
This is the most likely scenario. Although personally I think they could move the current 16GB WI-fi only iPad 2 to $299 - maybe by downgrading the storage to 8GB like they just did with the iPhone 4. Should be totally doable, considering they were clearing out original iPads at $349 last year with a full 16GB on board. Then, an A6-powered retina display model could take over the $499 pricepoint. No one would buy a 7" $199 Kindle Fire if they could get a 10" iPad for just...
Didn't Tim Cook just say last Tuesday that iPad only accounts for two-thirds of tablets sold? If so, he must have been feeling generous and using reported units shipped, not sold. No other manufacturer is willing to report their units sold, and now we know why.
If this report is actually true, couldn't they simply be winding down production of the iPad 2 because they have enough supply to get them through the holidays? They wouldn't want to end up with ten million unsold iPad 2's when they launch the iPad 3 early next year, after all.
You know what else would find a niche between the iPad and the Air? The white MacBook they just killed off that got 10 hours of battery life. Instead of killing it, they could have priced it at $699. No five-year processor transition required.Indeed. Have they forgotten that they went down this road once before, and that it was the reason they had to switch to Intel processors?I really, really, really this rumor doesn't pan out.
So in other words an iPad with Retina Display but the same processor/graphics as the current iPad would completely negate the performance gains of the iPad 2. I think such a scenario would disappoint a lot of people, not the least of which would be the developers who have been writing software to take advantage of the iPad 2's performance capabilities. I just can't imagine we'll see a Retina Display in an iPad until there's a new processor/graphics chip to either maintain...