or Connect

Posts by segovius

It's up to you Fellows. I believe in God, I believe in Jesus - but just not your Jesus. I base it on evidence and logic and academic research - you wouldn't want to know about that but there it is. BR is an atheist who hates and despises your religion and likes to shout fuck a lot. And of the two you think he is closer to your Christian viewpoint!! Funny!! Well...maybe he is... you could well be right. I have often claimed neo-atheists and fundies are the same thing but I...
Probably best not to lump me in with BR - I'm far closer to your view than his BUT I can't actually lie about certain things: that there are contradictions in the Bible, that there are factual inaccuracies, that it has been altered and translated selectively...and on.So take all those things together I think that the God most Christians believe in is a fiction and a late one.Luckily - to me, if not BR - that does not mean that God does not exist or that the Bible and...
Wait...you say you are looking for evidence....now you say you know the truth of this matter. So what do you need evidence for?
Personally I think that God is not knowable or describable so in one sense they are all 'wrong' but that does not mean that 'God' does not exist. It is fairly likely though that human conceptions of this entity are uniformly incorrect.I question that, I really do. It's very difficult to imagine an atheist who would actually consider any submitted evidence.I don't agree with the first part of this sentence above - we'll come back to the second paragraph in a minute - I do...
I wonder if this is true though? The conditioning can be contextual and inherited from millennia of religious teaching. Many 'primitive' tribes such as the IK for example seem to not only have no conscience as we would describe it but actually follow social codes we would find bordering on immoral.Wiki In any case, that is not what I was referring to though....I mean that 'right' and 'wrong' are culturally defined and so conscience, where it exists, MUST be a product of...
Is it though? Surely conscience is not created but develops - it is not an absolute and does not pre-exist.Also it is culturally conditioned. People in different areas and times have different 'consciences'. As to what the previous poster was alluding too - is very confusing. If there is no God as he implies it is never too late for anything as there would be no comeback on anything you decided to do or not do.Odd.
WIse words Fellows - this is what it all boils down to. I see life a bit like a Day at the Races (not the Marx brothers film....well...maybe a bit) - you bet on your horse.....life is the race and death is the finishing line. The horses have different names: Christianity, Islam, Atheism, Don't Care, Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll and many hybrids of all. You just choose your horse. You can choose based on the colour, how attractive it is, your 'reason', what your pastor told...
Anyone for charades?
What would happen if ALL 50 states seceeded?
Sorry to interrupt this broadcast.....this is a pubic service announcement. Come with me briefly back to 500,000 BC:Caveman 1: "Look at those monkeys - they seem pretty similar to us...perhaps we are related?"Caveman 2: "Where's the proof Show me the proof!!!! SHOW ME THE PROOF!!! THERE IS NO FUCKING EVIDENCE YOU FAT WANKER NOW PISS OFF YOU IGNORANT MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"