or Connect

Posts by G-News

I told you so. But the "experts" knew better, right?
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/03/new-arm-powered-chip-aims-for-battery-life-measured-in-decades/Does the ipad just sit there, like my first gen ipod on the desk, or does it get used daily? How much can it still do apart from e-mail and surfing?Would you also consider three years acceptable if you got the 15'000$ Edition version?Catch my point yet?
I'm unaware of a cliché that Swiss women are blond. However, Swedish girls are clichéd to be blondes, so there may be some confusion going on there. Then there are actually four national languages, of which three are not German (nor Swiss German) and the fact that the army is mandatory is quickly losing significance. About 50% of drafts are unfit for service or don't want to serve in the army and choose a civil alternative. Legislation for keeping your rifle after having...
As a Swiss citizen I find it extremely interesting how a population that couldn't tell Switzerland apart from Swaziland and Sweden yesterday have become experts on anything Swiss over night, simply by the fact that some old trademark surfaced somewhere in a dusty folder. Kudos to you!
I'm hoping they'll come to their senses in generation 2, as they did with Air, and add a second port. Then it's great. Otherwise, put that screen in the 11" Air and I'd buy that over the MacBook any day.
What an awful name. Loop Pay? Loo Pay? Do we want a payment solution with loopholes? Or pay in an infinite loop? Jeez...
An app and game capable Apple-TV, essentially turning it into a console would, in my opinion, make a lot more sense than the AppleWatch. Of course though, the two things could and probably will be combined, so you can use the watch as a remote for AppleTV.
Actually they switched platforms twice already. 68k to PPC to Intel. Compatibility was always a challenge in between. Going from Intel to ARM would kill a big chunk of the current Mac ecosystem in apps.
The original FW iPod could be equipped with a special OS that would crack any Windows machine within seconds by directly overwriting the relevant memory portion for the login process. DMA has it's risks, that is nothing new and also one of the main reasons computer security also must include physical access security.
I find it interesting that the BBC focused their report on Apple. It's not like Foxconn, Pegatron and how they're all called also manufacture pretty much every other mobile device money can buy, with working conditions probably even worse.   Also, if they were interested in a truly relevant story for the UK, why didn't they do an insider report on the NHS? Working shifts of 14 hours over night are normal. Staff are so tired they fall asleep on the job too while...