or Connect

Posts by G-News

And the male voice is going to be called Durandal? Or Tycho?
Crippling a product in the hope of gaining some marketshare by removing a 6$ piece of hardware, instead of just lowering the margin of the 16GB version by a few percent? If that?   Sounds like a stupid move.
We'll obviously be seeing the arrival of a revamped line of MBAs and Mac minis in the first half of 2014. I'm still not convinced the iPad Pro is in fact going to happen as predicted. The bigger screens could also just be for a new MBA. With a new, narrow bezel, a 12.9" display could basically replace both the 13" MBA in terms of viewable real estate as well as the 11" in terms of package size. With the 13" rMBP, the 13" MBA seems like the odd one out anyway. As for the...
With the nMP now available and, apart from being very 1990s expensive, also very limiting in configurations, is it time for Apple to bring out a more modular line based on the current design?   I think so and I believe it could be achieved with relative ease.   Keep the same cylindrical shape but instead of only offering the 1 CPU, 1 GPU and 1 GPU with flash slot triumvirate, start making this configurable too.   What I can see would be a very attractive option for a...
After big brother was watching you, little sister is now also listening. That is definitely the last thing I'd want in my home.
Fifth generation Air? Last time it checked, this was the first generation Air. Or the fifth generation iPad, if you will.
Not sure this is a particularly practical approach. As of today, all you need to charge a laptop with a solar panel is a car-12V-to-magsafe adapter and off you go. Doesn't matter what solar panel you have after that, as long as it can output at least 12V. The car to magsafe adapters are fairly small by now and pretty damn cheap, too.   In the future, if you didn't have a magsafe ready solar panel, you'd need an adapter from whatever socket the panel uses to whatever...
You don't save your money for 15 years to pointlessly give it away without ANY benefit to the company itself. I own Apple stock and I do not want people like Icahn anywhere near it. People like him are the reason why the financial industry keeps screwing up the entire world economy. Go frock yourself, Carl!
12" inch MacBook (Air arguably) would totally make sense. All they'd have to do is redesign the bezel of the current 11" so that the screen would once again be 16:10 format with a little less border and the total package would remain largely the same, ie very very portable yet fully functional. I love my 11" first gen Air, best computer I have ever owned.
They dropped the ball on Office a long time ago. The last version of Word I can remember to have been pleasant to use was Word 5.0 on the Mac... That was nearly 20 years ago.