or Connect

Posts by G-News

Having owned both an iPhone 3G and 3G S as well as now the 5, I see the increase in screen size as a considerable drawback. The 3.5 inch screens were much, much easier to use with just one hand, whereas the 5 constantly has to be shuffled around in your hand to be able to reach everything. Increasing the size further will only make things worse. They can put telephony into an iPad mini for those who desperately need to be able to make phonecalls with their tablets, but...
They might even just drop it below the 300$ mark, say 299. The mini has cannibalized iPad sales to some degree. The arrival of retina on the mini may come at a price increase, putting it even closer to the 16GB iPad. I could therefore imagine that the iPad 5 won't start before 32GB.
Very odd. I got lightly shocked by 220V once and certainly didn't feel like talking then. In fact, it's physically impossible. I smell FUD.
Just a shortcut. But my point was that they are arguably not going to make much money from IAPs because the prices are so prohibitive that I guess, most people will just grind the coins themselves.
Sadly, the in-game currency purchase is ridiculously overpriced. And I mean RIDICULOUS. 2'500'000 coins for 50$, that's like buying an entire PC title. Needless to say 2'500'000 don't get you very far.
I think we're seeing a paradigm shift here.   For decades it was, more so in the PC sector still: Buy a box that will last many years and just keep swapping the parts out that need to be upgraded. The MacPro "cheese grater" was a godsend in that regard. Never before was it so easy and affordable to keep a top of the line machine competitive with newer offerings. New GPU, new CPU, more RAM, more storage, you could just swap it out like in a PC. Only the mainboard...
My take on this is as follows: The mini introduced a new form factor, apart from size, that will, according to all we have heard so far, will be rolled into the bigger iPad sometime this year. The mini is also known to have cannibalized a lot (a LOT) of iPad sales, which was something Apple did not anticipate. I therefore think it's unlikely, if also very regrettable, that Apple will introduce a drastically revamped iPad along with an even more attractive iPad mini...
Mid 2010 15" MacBook Pro, 2.66GHz, 4GB of RAM. Very unsatisfied with the following: loading speed of projects with large amounts of photos in it. Flickr integration is a nightmare. Does not retain sorting order upon sync, creates duplicates, crashes often if network connection is interrupted, brings forth an endless stream of error messages upon network interruption, generally less stable than what I am used to (especially since 3.3.). Features I'd like: lens distortion...
A new release of Aperture is overdue, whether Apple wants it or not. The current version is underfeatured, slow, buggy and lacking consistency. In fact it is probably the worst piece of Apple software at the moment.
You may want to fix the title of the article to "OS X 10.8.3 beta supports AMD Radeon HD 7000 drivers, hinting at Apple's new Mac Pro", because Mac OS X has supported the Radeon 7000 graphics card since sometime in 2002.