or Connect

Posts by G-News

so what about the white phone?
You know, what about the WHITE iPhone? Wasn't that supposed to be released a couple of weeks after the launch of the black one? It's been like 3 months now and still no sign of the damn thing. How hard can it be to find a white paint that sticks to gorilla glass?
Tomorrow is September 30th, so the free bumper promotion ends and rumor had it that something else is coming up. Those rumors have been very silent recently, however, so I wonder: is anything going to happen at all, or can I proceed and order an iPhone 4 now?
and what happened to 10.6.5? Still waiting for the OpenGL fix, so I can finally update.
So what's the update on what will happen AFTER Sept. 30? I still think they are going to release the iPhone 4.1 in black AND white with some sort of hardware fix.
Oh they ARE going to fix the hardware, if not in a revision after Sept. 30, then surely for iPhone 4S or 5 or whatever it may be called. Apple is not stupid, they will learn from this.
This whole thing is just very unusual for Apple because for once, this was very, very bad PR management. It was pretty clear there was a real issue underneath all this (reproducable hardware problem, explanation for why it slipped through QA, strange concidence with the bumpers in Apple's offering, test mode being disabled in iOS 4 (that would have shown dBm values), alledged responses and actual responses from Apple and Apple Support staff etc etc.). This eventually just...
This is turning into one big, fat, ugly PR disaster. It's stunning insofar that Apple has been communicating very well over the past several years, even decades. Now this is just out of control, no matter how big the issue really is. You'll only see the real influence all this has once the international launches start. See if they can repeat the frenzy that was iPhone 3G. I doubt it.
Same here. In Switzerland, the 4G should be launched by the end of July. I'm going to sit and wait until there's at least one month worth of local feedback around and if there's no real problem, I will buy. Otherwise I will - unwillingly - pass this one on.
This raises the questions why the bars were made to display much better reception than was actually true for 2 years... the plot thickens.